10.05.2004

Power Lunch

I took a digital camera and a fiver out on lunch today, inspired by El Fid's post and the website it rode in on to buy a toy car and photograph it on the streets of Cleveland looking like a real car. There's something pleasing about carrying a bright red car around town, believe me. The first shot you see (below) was taken near an appreciative panhandler. He pointed a finger at me and said, "You're cool! You're cool!" He also asked if I would take his picture, which I did. When his back was turned. I'm not sure that counts. Anyways, I didn't eat lunch, because I was too busy on this little mission. I submitted my photos to dubster.com and hopefully soon my photos will appear in their gallery and I will impress my friends. I can't wait.


Is the street wet?
No. That's a trash can lid. Posted by Hello

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

You, [k_sra], you're a doer. You have an inspiration and you don't just think about it, you run right out at lunch and do it. That's one thing I like about you.

Picture's awesome. Having the wet-looking street with the reflection of the car and everthing else - that's inspired. Keep living the dream, [k]. We'll be right here watching.

5/10/04 14:37  
Blogger honest + popular said...

Not me, World, I am a doer as well. Kursra, I took my dog right outside as soon as I saw this and got all set up for a shot that looks like he's a huge dog peeing on my neighbor's tiny house. But in my hurry, I'd forgotten my camera. So, you know... if wishes were horses, that thought would count.

Shmoogity

5/10/04 16:39  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Doer or not, you're still here.

5/10/04 17:11  
Blogger k_sra said...

I must credit El Fid for reminding me that I didn't have to go all the way to her house for a toy car and that I could probably find one at a drug store. Actually, the drug store didn't have them. I found this one at a stamp and coin shop for $2.99. But it's larger than a matchbox car so it's easier to photograph. Soon I hope to have other cars to work with. After all, I have plenty of nephews to foist them off on...

5/10/04 17:44  
Blogger k_sra said...

Thanks LBAF. I was just waiting for a chance to impress you!

Ne worry pas, KoolAid, I was test recording. I'll try again for better sound quality tonight...

6/10/04 08:12  
Blogger Jeremy Stockwell said...

Nice use of the trash can. I was wondering how you did it until you told your secret. Well done!

Thanks for visiting my blog too!

6/10/04 10:52  
Blogger k_sra said...

Yeah, that was weird, spizzer. How'd you do that?

Hey Jeremy, you're welcome and thanks.

6/10/04 15:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters