7.08.2005

_osti_g without 'n' or 'P'

I heard that the effects of dyslexia are similar to how it would feel to try to talk without the use of the two letters listed above. Try it sometime today. Talk to a co-worker or family member without the use of these two letters. It's quite difficult to do. This whole essay is rather difficult to write because I have avoided them totally.

It is true that dyslexia has destroyed lives, but equally true it has graced the lives of several very smart guys:

Albert Ei_stei_
Thomas Ediso_
Auguste Rodi_
George _atto_
Woodrow Wilso_

There's a very cool article you should take a look at with regard to dyslexia.
I liked it.

Guess what? 1 of 5 US kids has dyslexia. (I cheated with the 1. So sue me!) That's 20% of the USA, folks. (I cheated with the % symbol. So tricky!)

For more facts go here.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

You discover stuff fresh (almost) every day.

8/7/05 10:27  
Blogger k_sra said...

I sure do, Bob, so will you if you just look at life with the curiosity of a cat!

8/7/05 10:58  
Blogger dag said...

Did you know that the number one cause of death for healthy cats is curiosity?

8/7/05 15:54  
Blogger Lukas Abrhm said...

guess what...both my brother and myself are dyslexic. suprizzed? i'm not.

8/7/05 16:31  
Blogger k_sra said...

I always knew you were geniuseses, Lukas!

It obviously has not hurt your skill with the English language. But I am curious how it works itself out in poetic endeavors.

10/7/05 00:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters