11.03.2004

It's Show Time, Synergy!

So I have been wondering lately, what is the purpose of my life? What is the driving goal here? Or what's my overall effect supposed to be? When all is said and done, will I have "achieved" what I was set here to do? Was I set here to do something? Can I pick it out myself? I mean, is the something set in stone or is it flexible? Do I have to pick something at all? Or can I just sit back and enjoy the show without letting a bunch of people down? Do I have a moral obligation to "be all I can be" or can I sit on the sidelines without being lectured to in the afterlife? Will I have failed if I didn't do some "thing" that as of yet I don't know about? Was I supposed to have figured it out by now? Am and I being docked points for every minute, every second I spend frittering away my grand destiny?

Sigh. I think my dingy has gently floated past the last safety buoy and I am on my way out to sea, wondering if it's too late to consider getting a motor.

... and I can't even spell "dinghy" right.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger dag said...

My .02

You will know when the time is right, whether it's finding your soul mate, fame and/or fortune or the morning you wake up with a vision for the next patent for microsoft windows.

Some never get any of those, and for them I guess their life was meant to enjoy the outputs of the ones who do. I have a feeling you'll probably get at least two of them, so don't fret.

3/11/04 16:19  
Blogger k_sra said...

Aw, dag... that almost made up for a sucky day here at work. thank you

3/11/04 16:48  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

I could go on for pages about my thoughts on this, but most of it is depressing until you get to the conclusions. Which happen to be [dag]'s exact thoughts. Enjoy life. Sometimes you need to follow your passions to do this, sometimes you don't.

3/11/04 17:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters