8.26.2005

Hall of Shame

I burnt another bag of popcorn in the microwave at work. As I rushed to the smoldering microwave I made a plan of action: I whipped the door open, inhaled a lungful of smoke, pinched the bag shut burning my fingers and staining my hand and rushed out of the office, down the hall and out the back to the construction dumpster. I chucked the billowing bag of smoke up onto the heap and walked back to my desk. The construction workers were laughing and applauding. I smiled and bowed.

Now my office reeks and my fingers make me look like a chain smoker.

5 packs a day. Popcorn habit.

Tara drew me this picture:

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

I'd put it in for less time, next time.

26/8/05 11:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Popcorn...food of the gods, breakfast of champions.

26/8/05 11:43  
Blogger Lukas Abrhm said...

and burnt popcorn is possibly the worst smell known to fat people. i hope you ate it. waste not want not.

oh yeah...is it just me or is belfry, the broken?

26/8/05 12:38  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

It's been down all morning. I actually thought it was you, with your lack-of-reader frustrations. But you wouldn't leave us.

26/8/05 12:44  
Blogger Lukas Abrhm said...

welll...i should only expect as much. poetry is a dead art, no? i actually posted last night and it froze up on me...so i think it might just be toast. oh well. i'll not have to try to leave now;)

(a worried man never raises doubt,
or his hands
above his mouth.)

26/8/05 13:08  
Blogger Lukas Abrhm said...

it's back...apparently it really didn't care for my last post. go figure.

26/8/05 16:52  
Blogger El Fid said...

Picture worth a thousand kernals.

29/8/05 13:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters