11.24.2004

Wednesday as Friday

(Have you ever really looked at the word Wednesday? How weird it is? What a creepy spelling. Who thought that up?)

So, I'm looking down the barrel of a long, stifling, writerly weekend with intermittent exercise and snack breaks. It's Thanksgiving Day tomorrow (for our foreign friends) where we thank the good Lord for letting us take over the continent from the natives and then allowing us to kick out the Brits. Although I think that's technically Independence Day. They all kind of blur together. Good times.

I intend to celebrate by wishing I had a good hot meal and then hunching up and slaving over a hot laptop.

How about the rest of you? What are you doing?

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

I'm gathering together 2 tofurkys (they only serve 4), a whole lot of side dishes, my wife, my forign exchange daughter, and two friends. I'm then adding homemade beer, some wine, and mixed drinks. Afterward we'll mix in two more friends and some desert.

24/11/04 11:43  
Blogger half said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

24/11/04 13:45  
Blogger half said...

Well, that was quite long winded.

The precis, if you prefer: "Dinner with family."

24/11/04 14:00  
Blogger Lydia said...

Screw cranberry sauce! (wait for it to cool a little first)
I'm making 5 berry compote with cranberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries.

And that's all.

24/11/04 17:08  
Blogger Diane said...

My mother served us chicken nuggets (ever since the grandbabies came along she tends to cater to them). But she also served some stuffing and cranberry sauce to accompany the nuggets, so it was Thanksgiving-ish.

26/11/04 01:21  
Blogger El Fid said...

My tofurkey was all $%@#! again this year. So I ate real turkey and snickered at the die-hard vegetarians. I spike the punch with rum and told the kiddies that it was caffeinated. I made a chocolate caramel mousse pie and spiked that with rum, too. But I let the kiddies eat that one. Then I swiped the bottle of rum and sat in the stairwell to the basement and tried to get some voodoo halo effect going before I had to face the in-laws again.

3/12/04 21:54  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

How do you mess up tofurky? I just follow the instructions on the box - cut up some potatos, onions, carrots, add soy sauce and honey, cover with foil, and bake on about 350 for a few hours. Though I admit I forgot to cook the dumplings. Which, might I point out, is an unfair trick - replacing the little drumsticks with dumplings. Those drumsticks were always my wife's favorite part.

7/12/04 17:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters