7.08.2005

And the Winner IS!




Last month's Caption Contest has finally ended! (Mostly because I was in danger of forgetting about it entirely if I didn't end it now.)

And the Winner is:

Steve DeGroof with his entry...

"Remember kids, if you can't wear ugly
sweaters and eat marshmallows off long forks, then the terrorists have won."

Congratulations, Steve! The prize for this contest is your choice of the following: 1) A random prize selected by k_sra from her local dollar store and shipped to you (you seriously never know what you might get. It could be an umbrella or a puffer ball or false hair extensions.) 2) A stunt photo of your choosing 3) A song made up about a topic of your choosing and performed here on the blog.

Runners up:

Anonymous said...
"Man, that guy at eHarmony does not lie! You guys are perfect for each other!"

Steve DeGroof said...
"Communists look just like everyone else. Can you tell which one is the communist? Is it him? Or him? Or maybe her? Or is it YOU?"

Anonymous said...
"Yes, he may look the same, feel the same, even dress the same. But if that litmus test marshmallow turns pink, burn him like a motherf*cker."

Thanks to everyone who participated. If I was rich I'd buy you all an ice cream. : )

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Of course now I realize there is a perfectly good Maria Full of Grace line of caption that went unused.

8/7/05 11:46  
Blogger k_sra said...

Do you think Steve will see that he's won or should I go fetch him?

8/7/05 12:15  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

You're the one with the big-brother-style web tracking thingy. Does he come by often?

8/7/05 12:21  
Blogger k_sra said...

Excuse me? Like you have room to talk! Five seconds after I post something there you are making smart remarks about it! Besides I thought you knew everything...

(You do know everything, right?)

8/7/05 12:38  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Sorry, it's just that Steve is often wearing his aluminum foil hat and it's tough to know what he's thinking.

8/7/05 12:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should give the prize to yourself, for the line about the guardian angel. Although [Maria Full of Grace] would be good as well.

8/7/05 18:09  
Blogger k_sra said...

Oh, believe me, norm, whatever prizes I give to others I give two to myself. : )

It's the joy of being me.

9/7/05 16:39  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

//Do you think Steve will see that he's won or should I go fetch him?//

Just found it. Google alerts told me. So, what exactly is a stunt photo?

//Sorry, it's just that Steve is often wearing his aluminum foil hat and it's tough to know what he's thinking.//

Ha! Aluminum's for losers. All the cool kids are using titanium now.

13/7/05 06:31  
Blogger k_sra said...

A stunt photo is (in this context) a particular grouping of objects or events in one shot. Preferably difficult to achieve and therefore more of a challenge. Try to keep your request )if you choose this prize) realistic as I won't be, for instance, near the Aurora Borealis anytime soon.

13/7/05 10:12  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

Ah, so not a picture of you jumping over a row of buses on a Harley.

I think I'll choose the song, then. Hmm, topics, topics. Tempting to suggest manatee kidneys but I think I'll go with older men who like women with balls.

13/7/05 10:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters