10.05.2005

Caption Contest Concluded...



Here they are, the winner's for the Latest Caption Contest (and this was a tough one. I had about fifteen running neck and neck for half the day.) First Place Winners may select from our three Fabulous Prizes*:

First Place:

Christopher said...
Silence fell across the room. Where was the kitten indeed.
normzone said...
Of course, all three outfits are complimented by the hand-knitted barbecue, made of 100% asbestos yarn.
Worldgineer said...
"Don't worry, Bridget. We'll airbrush out the couple barbecueing after the photoshoot."

Second Place:

Steve DeGroof said...
Bob and Nancy pointedly ignored Tamara as she launched into yet another round of "I'm a Little Teapot". "She doesn't even do the spout right", whispered Nancy.
Lukas Abrhmsaid...
a second later, the crowd shuddered as the extra in the pink turned sideways, and disappeared completely.


Third Place:

Steve DeGroof said...
Upon learning that their new cabin was infested with giant wood grubs, Dave and Angela decided to make the best of it.

dag said...
Cousin It's tittie twister habit just never ends.



And an honorable mention just for good measure:

normzone said...
You have a really cool blog. I found it while googling CAPTION CONTEST.
You should check out my blog - it's all about INDOOR BARBECUE.

Thanks to everyone who participated and next time write more, damnit. I know you're good for it!

*Fabulous Prizes is a trademark of YLSN(a)ED and refers to one of the following: A song on the topic of your choosing, a stunt photo of k_sra trying to accomplish whatever you request her to accomplish, or a gift mailed to you from the randomer than hell dollar store in the neighborhood. k_sra reserves the right to turn down requests that she thinks are too pervy or too boring to fulfill. Otherwise, it's all good! : )

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Yay! Here's what I'd like:

Play David Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust", swapping the speed and energy from the ballad parts and the "So where were the spiders" part.

5/10/05 15:58  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

(sigh) A runner-up yet again.

5/10/05 16:02  
Blogger Lukas Abrhm said...

awesome...i keep on getting on le list.
makes me proud.
or somesuch schway.
pirate booty for all!

5/10/05 16:10  
Blogger half said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/10/05 16:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I'm a winner!

Please, for my prize record some punk or goth music played in old style country fashion.

(I was fingerpicking "Jonny Are You Queer" by the Screeching Weasels on classical guitar last week...Not because I'm good at that, but because that's the only way I could figure out how to play it with my limited skills.

5/10/05 16:30  
Blogger Christopher said...

(Really, it's an honor just to be nominated...)

As my prize, I'd like a song about a little dog who defends his family from a marauding bear. Sung to the tune of Duran Duran's "Come Undone," please and thank you.

6/10/05 05:44  
Blogger dag said...

k, you're funny.

6/10/05 08:38  
Blogger k_sra said...

I don't know what you mean, Dag!

I will attempt to learn all these songs (you people think I actually have skills on guitar. boy are you wrong.) and then bludgeon them on audioblogger for you. Patience is a virtue, people, don't forget it.

I am still working on a little prize song for Diva Drip for the internet scavenger hunt that she alone completed, so there may be a big music day when I do them all at once. We'll see...

6/10/05 09:03  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

Hmph. If I'd won, I would've asked for a simple stunt photo.

6/10/05 09:11  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

She was asking for it, listing all of those winners.

Let me know if you get stuck on mine, [k], I have a thousand alternates.

6/10/05 10:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

World, I think I'm going to see if I can find playable tabs for that song and try it...sounds like fun. Of course, I'm not a guitar player, just a guy who knows a few chords.

Ditto, ksra. If you want to substitute a photo of you fingering the chord you like least standing on one foot while singing opera, or some such thing, I'll be ok with that.

6/10/05 10:59  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

The tabs for ziggy are all over the Internet. This one looks good enough (not that I'd know).

This song came into my head after a public radio story about Seu Jorge - the guy who sang Bowie songs in Portugese throughout The Life Aquatic. I really loved his versions, but many of his songs didn't make the soundtrack.

Of course I could have requested she sing it in Portugese, but that wouldn't have been very original.

6/10/05 11:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters