1.05.2006

Make Your Own Inspirational Poster

Ever since discovering despair.com, I've wanted to make my own motivational posters. You know, like the ones of the gorgeous country road and a man on a bike powering his way to victory. Or whatever. And then it says in huge letters underneath something retarded like, "tenacity - the way to achieve is to speed past the competition" or something equally inane. Well, I found a site that lets you do exaclty that: make your own. So fire one up, folks! Maybe I'll set aside a little room in the sidebar to show off your works of art. We'll call that the "fridge" area. Heck, I'll see if I can put them up in the subtitle box, actually.

I've thumbnailed them for convenience. Click the image to see it in all its glory. Sorry if the format is sloppy. I'll fix it tomorrow.

Mine:

Tara's Brilliant additions (very nice, Tara. very nice indeed!):


Worldgineer's speak for themselves, I think:



Jon "The Athlete" Phillips is highly motivated!:


AO, that genius:


Steve DeGroof should hold seminars:

Labels: , , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Here's mine for Courage. This is a great website!

5/1/06 11:13  
Blogger Tara said...

Here's another one about Networking.

5/1/06 11:29  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Courage
Clarity

5/1/06 11:33  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Oops, Tara's done Courage. Oh well, you can never have too much courage.

5/1/06 11:35  
Blogger k_sra said...

I'm sorry, World, I can't copy yours. Can you email them to me?

5/1/06 11:55  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

They're on their way. Also, Authenticity.

5/1/06 12:20  
Blogger "Honestus" - Raymond Charles said...

looks like the making for another caption contest!!!

would be lost for hours finding images. great K-Sra!

5/1/06 13:47  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

Here's a couple from my batch of photos:
Obscurity
Procrastination

Should take some of those Hand Knits for Young Moderns images and turn them into posters. For example: Choices

5/1/06 15:31  
Blogger Tara said...

Stress

5/1/06 15:57  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

Tara said: "Stress"

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

5/1/06 15:59  
Blogger k_sra said...

Steve, could you email those to me please? I'd like to post them, but flickr won't let me cheat off your answers.

5/1/06 16:03  
Blogger k_sra said...

BTW, Tara, your networking poster chokes me up every time I see it. It is awesome!

5/1/06 16:03  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

"Steve, could you email those to me please?"

Done.

"BTW, Tara, your networking poster chokes me up every time I see it. It is awesome!"

Yeah, that's great. It could be taken as either sincere or cynical, depending on your point of view. I prefer cynical.

5/1/06 16:21  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

Here's a challenge: Recaption these real posters.

5/1/06 17:13  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

Teamwork
Superficiality
Appearances

5/1/06 21:31  
Blogger k_sra said...

What a cynic you are, Steve, I was perfectly sincere. Take a look again at the eagle's face and that big, white, fluffy kitty looks like a delicious marshmallow.

Oh, and, Steve, your teamwork poster is exactly what I've always felt about it. Actually the one's getting paid the most on every team are the ones doing the least actual labor.

iujriuu: gnome slang for "keep pulling, you bastards."

6/1/06 08:44  
Blogger Tara said...

Here's another one.

6/1/06 08:46  
Blogger Tara said...

Sarah, I love your Artistic poster!

6/1/06 08:49  
Blogger Girl said...

oh these are entertaining!!

6/1/06 10:07  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

//Heck, I'll see if I can put them up in the subtitle box, actually.//

I wonder if there's a way to have a random one come up every time you refresh the page.

6/1/06 12:13  
Blogger k_sra said...

I thought about that, and I know there is, I just don't know how to do it. Have to ask the tech savvy brothers o'mine.

6/1/06 12:14  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

//I thought about that, and I know there is, I just don't know how to do it.//

How's this?

6/1/06 16:15  
Blogger Koobs said...

http://images.yorkphoto.com/345%3A2%3C%3B%3B%3A%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E2%3A7%3E973%3EWSNRCG%3D32334584%3A367%3Cnu0mrj

12/1/06 15:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters