1.11.2007

The Passing of a Top Ramen



It came to my attention that the inventor of Top Ramen died recently. While slightly saddening news, this information did not stop me from thinking instantly (haha) of the massive box of Maruchan Ramen noodle blocks I keep under my kitchen sink for frugal edible emergencies. This also made me wonder if there wasn't another way to flavor them, since the chicken flavor leaves a gritty silt at the bottom of my bowl and I have grown weary of it. So I looked online for recipes. I found an article with some wonderful Ramen recipes ideas. There are a lot of Ramen fans out there...




In honor of Momofuku.


Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger edjusted said...

Just wanted to let you know that Momofuku Ando's company Nissin makes Top Ramen. The Maruchan Ramen you have pictured is a competitor. ;) Cheers!

11/1/07 20:35  
Blogger Unknown said...

"... a dish of effortless purity. Like the egg, or tea, they attain a state of grace through a marriage with nothing but hot water"

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/09/opinion/09tue3.html?em&ex=1168750800&en=0c4d8486cf33a1d0&ei=5087%0A

12/1/07 06:50  
Blogger k_sra said...

Yeah, Ed, I'm aware. But the item pictured is the item under my sink. And in the end, Ramen Pride/Top Ramen is all going to go the way of Kleenex and Xerox. One name to rule them all.

But thanks for clarifying!


takemyname: I love eggs and tea!!

12/1/07 07:57  
Blogger Tara said...

I've looked at those noodles in the store several times, but never bought them. I have recently tried some single servings of Thai noodles, and those are very tasty.

12/1/07 11:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The slightly sick individual in me wonders if he had himself mummified. And left orders in his will for his relatives to dig him up one year hence and pour boiling water over him, just on the off chance.

12/1/07 19:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters