1.05.2007

ScreenSaver History

Did you know that ScreenSavers are purely decorational now? It's a fact! But what would we do without our scrolling pictures of cars, flowers and celebrities? I personally miss the old screen savers, like the pictured flying toasters. Remember the flying toasters? So shiny and happy! Were they in outer space? Were they winging their way to breakfasts all over the world? Or departing for Pluto? Nobody knew. You can still have them, if your little heart so desires.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

Oh, yeah, I remember the flying toasters. And I also remember the whole phosphor burn-in thing. I've actually seen text terminals with ghosts of login-prompts. Yeah, I'm that old.

I once wrote a screensaver that generated random Rorschach-like ink blot patterns. I wish I still had it.

5/1/07 10:55  
Blogger k_sra said...

It's ok, you left a ghost over at Multiply. Maybe we can just go look at it. : P

Do you remember the background smearing ball that degenerated a screenshot of the desktop before the computer went into screensaver mode? Or the ever popular wobbling word where you can change the font, color, size, speed and direction of wobble? Good times!

And there will always be a soft spot in my heart for the tropical fish.

5/1/07 11:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters