5.17.2005

The Blogger Bride

Well, I got my feelings hurt today. After ten minutes of carefully writing out an email proposal to a complete stranger on the internet, I come to find out he probably doesn't want to marry me. *sigh*
I'm hurt, Joey. Just hurt.

Was it something I said? See for yourself:

Dear Joey,
I'll be brief. I think we should get married. Right away. Without knowing each other or even meeting first. This way we can avoid having to change our minds or make a sensible decision. I think we'd be an ideal match: I'm precipitous and flighty and you're gloomy and cynical. I think we could look forward to a short, fiery marriage lasting tops five weeks.

I've enclosed a picture of myself looking left. (This should not be misconstrued as representing my political leanings.) I feel it represents looking toward the future... or the past. Whichever. I'm not looking at you, because I don't want to know what you look like. I might lose my nerve and change my mind. As an added bonus I smudged up the picture to make it look hazy and romantic.

If you need references (which I don't recommend in love matches such as this one) I can probably convince a couple of my friends to talk to you. Other reasons to consider marrying me right away without thinking about it:

  • I'm Protestant
  • I don't really cook
  • I don't like heavy-drinking
  • I've never sustained a relationship longer than three months

Lemme know. I'm all a-twitter!
(Ok, not all a-twitter)
Sarah

For a list of Joey's requirements, click here and scroll down.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Wow, that's messed up. Maybe he's Catholic.

17/5/05 10:06  
Blogger El Fid said...

I'd recommend you, ksra. Let me know, Joey, if you need any character info re: ksra. I can vouch for the non-drinking, but she can make a mean pickle platter.

17/5/05 11:24  
Blogger k_sra said...

Spizzer, it really makes no difference where you think I am, because I'm not there. So go ahead and think of me as a NYC gal. Go ahead. No, really. I mean it.

18/5/05 07:44  
Blogger Temple said...

Sorry, typing boo boo...k_sra I mean to say... :)

18/5/05 14:12  
Blogger David said...

I want to see the picture of you looking left.

20/5/05 18:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters