5.06.2005

Invisible Post

I thought I would post something invisible today, just for a lark. Obviously those of you who know to highlight a section of writing or copy/paste to another page or what have you, will figure out what this post says, but I'm hoping there will be an equal or greater number of people who will stare confounded at the page and wonder why I left a huge gaping hole on my website. "Why," they will ask, "would anyone leave a huge gaping hole on their website?" And they will scratch their heads and twist their earlobes in confusion and feel mildly alarmed at how much they actually care about whether or not there is a post here.

Helen brought over the robes this morning, all neatly ironed and ready to wear. She looked up at me as I slung a handful of hangers over my shoulder. "Ok, Baby. Who I give this to?" She held up a simple little bill for $450. "You give that to me, Helen. I'll take care of it." She hugged my hips (she's very short) and whimpered into my armpit, "I don't know what I do without these people near me here. Nobody else care, Baby." She then pulled herself up to her full five feet and no inches and said, "But I feel better today. Yes. I am better today. Each day a little better, Baby." She smiled up into my face and then turned her face away and said, "Oh, you too sweet, Baby. Go on!" And instead of me leaving, she walked out the door.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"invisible comment"

6/5/05 12:29  
Blogger k_sra said...

There is a post there... if you highlight it you will find it.

6/5/05 13:16  
Blogger Daniel Helbling said...

What a winner this lady is, and what a kernel for an expanded story. If you don't write it, who will?

6/5/05 15:12  
Blogger honest + popular said...

I like her, too, Baby, but I was kind of hopeing it was really invisible. 'Cuz that would have been rather elegant and my inner fashion designer do approve.

6/5/05 20:27  
Blogger Brian said...

We are the singers of invisible songs... we are the dreamers of invisible dreams. Didn't Willy Wonka say something like that? I'm not sure that was it verbatim, but I think it was something similar - at least, that's how I recall it. Memory doesn't exactly serve in this case, it seems. I suppose that doesn't have a lot to do with what you just posted there, but it's sort of the only thing I could come up with on such short notice. I know, I know, you're wondering how I'm able to say "such short notice" in regard to a blog post. Well, I take liberties. I'm a liberty taker. At least, I think I am... using the term liberally, of course. : )

9/5/05 16:03  
Blogger Brian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/5/05 16:04  
Blogger k_sra said...

What? Can it be? Has Brian actually returned to post a comment on my blog??? I'm agog, aghast, aflutter! hiya, Brian, how you beena?

10/5/05 08:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters