6.30.2005

Sweet Belly Dancer



I'll tell you why I think Belly Dancing is the coolest form of dance: chubby girls are hot.
This is a cruel and commercialized world (and I will never convince men of this) where we girls are often made to feel uncomfortable for being, well, feminine.
Enter Belly Dancing. It's a dance created for girls. (sorry, Zorba.) And it's not for skinny girls either, it's for the delicious over the top, pleasantly plump squeezables, real-live, they-do-exist women.
I am actually a little too skinny to be a great belly dancer right now. I don't have quite enough 'stuff' to shake-it-all-about the way I'm supposed to. But I take comfort in the fact that someday nature will take its toll on my body and when that happens, belly dancing will be there waiting. With open, loving arms.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, sister.

30/6/05 09:47  
Blogger gnomethang said...

The concensus on BBC Radio London with Vanessa Feltz is exactly that.
Belly Dancers Rock!.

30/6/05 15:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters