7.05.2005

Burn, Baby, Burn!


It's important to remember that there are tortured imaginations running around in the desert each year. It's good to know that glowing stilt walkers will still be careening around the sands of our country's vast wilderness.

I should not really mock these (pot smoking, hippie, freak) people considering I am a thin nervous breakdown away from becoming one myself. But I will say this: It is on the list. One of these summers I will be there, duct taping giant eyeballs onto a hay silo... or something. Hmm, I'm gonna have to think about this one.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

I would absolutely love to attend someday, but if I did I'd do it right. I'd build something huge and halfbaked.

5/7/05 12:24  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Hey, I didn't mean to call you huge. I meant to link here.

5/7/05 12:25  
Blogger k_sra said...

Exactly. Maybe we should plan something together. We're gonna need a team, after all. Got any friends who could help us design and build a monstrosity in the middle of the desert with nothing but chicken wire and sculpee?

5/7/05 12:30  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

You should pick a theme camp that suits you, just in case (I looked, there are none based in Ohio, but about a dozen from Seattle).

5/7/05 12:44  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

(sorry, I posted my last anno before I read yours) I do have friends that live in Fremont - I think there's a requirement to own chicken wire and sculpee, along with body paint.

5/7/05 12:52  
Blogger k_sra said...

Oh dear lord, I think I just burned my eyes out! "Is that body paint or are you just happy to see me?"

5/7/05 12:57  
Blogger jj said...

As I always suspected. You Americans are Crazzzzie! But I'm sure I can fake a yankie accent, and I'm a dab hand with chicken wire, so can I be on your team? I could even go nakkid and paint myself. I'm not proud.

5/7/05 14:56  
Blogger k_sra said...

Naked, grump? Just as I suspected. You Brits are Crazzzie! : )

But since you're already painting yourself, how about a map of the world with you-know-what as the Eiffel Tower? (Your nose, your NOSE! What did you think I meant?)

5/7/05 15:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters