10.18.2005

NaNoWriMo - Cleveland Style

NaNoWriMo, the site that launched a thousand books, apparently has a bonus feature (that I just noticed) to encourage its aspiring novelists: Regional Affiliations! Pods of novelist wannabes gathering in local pubs and coffe shops and swapping gripes and hopes and time-tested month-long-novel-writing tips! This can only mean one thing: Cleveland NaNo's. I feel them in the air. They are closer than I think. Their bookish brains teaming with off-hand remarks and friendly book-writing ribbery.
In fact they're having a kick off party on the 30th at the Beechwood Library.

Sweet Day in the Morning, this is going to be fun!

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember my creative writing class social support group...it was fun. And I learned how to edit, which hurt like hell but has benefitted every day ever since.

WV of the day: ftaexztl

19/10/05 11:21  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Sounds like a drug. I take Ftaexztl to help with my dyslexia.

19/10/05 11:35  
Blogger "Honestus" - Raymond Charles said...

sounds like fun. didn't know you were a novelist. do tell what you've written on.

19/10/05 12:35  
Blogger Brian said...

I totally tried that. Yup, Brian in a pub, reading away to a bunch of strangers. Not good. No Bueno.

19/10/05 13:13  
Blogger k_sra said...

Reading aloud to strangers?? Hell no! Can't imagine subjecting myself to such torture. For them or for me. No no. Locals are good for one thing: hubbub. lots of hubbub. Getting excited about your crappy books and smiling and giggling like kids going on the first field trip of the school year to the interactive zoo/carnival/space park.

19/10/05 13:22  
Blogger Daniel Helbling said...

I'm in. I can ethically use the new and improved NaNoWriMo logo on my website, too. I only wish it didn't look like some freakish Bay Area jogging pencil thief wearing not much more than his sandals and his DEPENDĀ®s.

19/10/05 13:24  
Blogger k_sra said...

//Bay Area jogging pencil thief//

And there's my first character! Ha! : )

19/10/05 13:54  
Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

I feel like I should look into this and join in the writing frenzy...but then I'll only have fewer reasons to procrastinate. Can't take that away from me...

Good luck to all.

19/10/05 23:36  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

You can say you're going to join, but the procrastinate about that as well. Then you can use all of your normal reasons twice.

20/10/05 09:25  
Blogger El Fid said...

Check defective yeti's idea; now that's a brainstorm.

25/10/05 10:15  
Blogger k_sra said...

Hehe, good one, El Fid.

25/10/05 10:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters