11.28.2005

NaNoWriMo Update

I haven't said much this month about my progress on the whole write-your-novel-in-a-month venture that I undertook at the start of November, but allow me to do so now. I have just passed the 37,000 word mark and that leaves me the daunting task of writing 13,000 words between now and close of day Wednesday the 30th. Can I do it, I hear you ask? Well, the answer is "yes, yes I can." I managed to scratch out ten thousand words yesterday by sheer brute force and if that is any indication I think I'll be able to handle this next pile by the deadline given.

At least I intend to. I might have to hole up and space out and be completely useless for the next two and a half days, but I will do it, by gum! (Buy gum! Hmmm. That gives me a plot idea!)

So, if you'll excuse me, I have some heavy-duty novelling to do.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Saint Kansas said...

You'll make your wordcount goal if you work really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hard.

28/11/05 11:43  
Blogger Tara said...

You can do it, I know you can! You've come this far under a deadline, you can reach that goal. So go for it!

28/11/05 11:47  
Blogger k_sra said...

St. Kan-kan, you are a bad influence. ; )

Thank you, Tara! I can DO eet!

28/11/05 12:35  
Blogger Brian said...

Dude, I don't think you're gonna make it. Yeah, it's not looking good. I'm just sayin.

28/11/05 13:28  
Blogger "Honestus" - Raymond Charles said...

you can do it!

By the way, i love the old fashion picture of you! =P

28/11/05 13:52  
Blogger k_sra said...

// I don't think you're gonna make it.//

Brat! :P

28/11/05 14:10  
Blogger Daniel Helbling said...

So put on some Polka music, curl up your toes and type words. I happen to know the sturdy stuff you are made of and have no doubt that you'll do this. Your foremere and I are rooting for you. So is Rufio. And the minister's cat. And that little ray of sunshine. All rooting for you. Now, write!

28/11/05 14:44  
Blogger k_sra said...

Thanks, Dabu. I just finished another four thousand. And that was at work! Imagine what I can do when someone's not paying me to do something else!

bdaarr: A pirates bidet.

28/11/05 16:22  
Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Good luck! I am in awe of your dedication...

28/11/05 16:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Sarah, go Sarah, go Sarah! It's all coasting from here on. 10,000 words in one day? I think you can write in your sleep!
We're saving a place for you in the Winner's Circle!

29/11/05 01:29  
Blogger gnomethang said...

Good Luck and all...
But remember:
"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

Warm Regards,

Bazza

gkwagf - the sound of the first axe on the bathroom door.

29/11/05 14:35  
Blogger k_sra said...

Thanks, Bazza. I'm three thousand words shy of it right now. With any luck I'll finish it before I leave "work." Just don't tell my employer...

29/11/05 14:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters