6.12.2006

And She's Gone

Elloise has disappeared. She is MIA. I last saw her Friday night. Saturday morning when I left town for the weekend I noticed she was not on her nest. I assumed she was getting food. One of her eggs had a little crack. I thought, "Oh, it's going to hatch soon! And I'll probably miss it." But when I returned Sunday night, there was still no Elloise. And the nest was silent. The two eggs sat exactly as I saw them last, one slightly cracked, the other intact. Cooling and dying, if they're not already dead. And I can't save them.
I'm more than a little sad.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Saint Kansas said...

Mothers of Cleveland: Even a little crack can be harmful to your unborn child.

12/6/06 15:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing you can do.

12/6/06 17:42  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Hey, at least something good came out of this.

You've inspired a halfbaked idea.

15/6/06 14:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters