10.31.2006

Boo!

The boss' wife made Halloween cupcakes with spooky sprinkles on top and I'm in the middle of eating one with my tea and grinning like an idiot, because stupid little gestures like that make me happy. It was completely unnecessary and yet it is what makes life a little fuller than mere existence. She got to share her enthusiasm and cheer a few other people. I like that. So I wanted to share my enthusiasm with you.
Halloween is, quite possibly, my least favorite US holiday. I really get cranky when I see little children dripping blood from door to door... childhood is short and should be sweet, not traumatic. But all that crankiness aside, I appreciate the people for whom a holiday is never a missed opportunity to celebrate life: even if it's a celebration of cupcakes.
So, Happy Halloween from this ghost of a blogger to all the ghouls and boys in Blogland!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

//I really get cranky when I see little children dripping blood from door to door... childhood is short and should be sweet, not traumatic.//

Oh, I don't see it like that at all. For me, Halloween is a day where kids can make fun of the things that scare them.

31/10/06 13:31  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

My boss and his wife send out hand-written christmas cards every year. Extra effort like that is always appreciated, and I send one back.

I like Halloween in general. Except when teenagers come by without costumes and expect candy. One year I'll just tell them to go away. I'm sure that's the year something unsavory will happen to my house.

1/11/06 12:21  
Blogger k_sra said...

teens sans costume: reminds me of the year my sister and I chucked a mayonnaise packet in each of their pillowcases. Only one came back and asked if it was from us.

1/11/06 13:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters