7.11.2007

7/11 America's Favorite

In a day to honor the convenience of stores that have short lines and no gas pumps, I'd like to celebrate the institution that is 7 Eleven. They are currently sucking up to the mainstream movie industry by renaming stores "Kwik-E-Mart" for the upcoming Simpson's Movie. (Wish I could have seen that convenience store cat-fight bid war!) They also claim to have America's Favorite Beverage: the Slurpee. I had to verify this for myself, so I did an instensive two minute google search for America's Favorite Beverage. Here's what I found:

According to "The Man Room," it's beer.

According to this study, it's Soda Pop!

This touring site says beer again.

And here we're back to Carbonated Sodie Pop!

But nowhere on 90 pages does it say, "America's favorite beverage is the 7/11 slurpee." The closest they get (besides 7/11 websites themselves, obviously) is somebody saying that the Slurpee "is America's favorite frozen drink." I think 7/11 is full of it!

But that's not to say I don't enjoy a slurpee every now and then. I like to mix half cherry and half coke.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

My brother (Kerry) used to work at 7-11 back when he was a teen. My mom would take me in there to get some food and a candybar. I just remember my brother looking so bummed that he worked there. Now he's a safety engineer.

Anyway! I digress again. I love the Slurpees. I don't remember having one from 7-11, but I like the ones from Burger King.

11/7/07 13:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of slurpees, what is joel doing these days?pdxdlon

14/7/07 20:37  
Blogger "Honestus" - Raymond Charles said...

i prefer an ICEE over a Slurpee. it sounds better and tastes better! yum.

25/7/07 17:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters