11.06.2008

WATER Scavenger Hunt





Hi, Tara! Thanks for this week's wacky word 'Water.' This post is a bit of a failure in that to really understand the pictures you need to see them lined up side by side and I failed to figure out how to do that. But I'm posting anyways, because it is my turn to pick next week's WORD! YAY!
These pictures are all from a beach along the shores of Lake Tahoe, Nevada side, I believe, although it could be the other side. I had just gotten engaged at the time so i was a little giddy. :)
I've decided to do my best to throw everyone a curve ball. Thus far we've used words that have a pretty clear meaning, concrete language, easy etymology... let's do something different this week. Let's WORK for it!
This Week's Scavenger Hunt Word is: LACUNA
It is up to you to find the definition and to interpret this week's word in photos. Good luck to everyone!
Next week's Word-Herder is Woman of No Regrets

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I want to be sitting on a sandy beach like that right now. But not Lake Erie's beach, it'll be chilly. Those are beautiful shots!

Lacuna hmm? Clever and challenging.

To the dictionary!

10/11/08 09:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great watery pictures. I have a program to splice all of those photos together.

Lacuna? Wow, now that's a $5 word of the week.

10/11/08 11:47  
Blogger laura b. said...

I can totally picture that as a long shot going across! And I love the thought of photographing something that isn't there! haha! So awesome.

10/11/08 12:16  
Blogger Churlita said...

Where is that? It's beautiful.

I'll have to see what I can do with Lacuna.

10/11/08 12:26  
Blogger k_sra said...

tara, you guessed right, NOT Lake Erie. Lake Tahoe is kind of the anti-lake erie. :)

alien, pretty please!? *clasps hands together in front*

laura b, you get smartie-pants awards for knowing what the word was (or at least looking it up first).

churlita, yeah sorry, forgot to say where. Lake Tahoe, Sand Harbor... I think.

10/11/08 14:23  
Blogger NoRegrets said...

wow, I don't remember that view at all. Of course, I was there in Summer...

Great word for next week!

10/11/08 15:28  
Blogger dmarks said...

You have received an award at my blog. "Come on down!"

13/11/08 21:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters