10.17.2008

NUISANCE - Scavenger Shots Heard Round the World!

Cricket chose this week's word (although she rather obscured it in the comments section of a post that had nothing to do with photos! Hrmpph!) and this week's word is NUISANCE. I hope that Cricket was not implying that this game is a nuisiance... ;) great word!

Here are my nuisance shots:

Rain is a nuisance. It's a driving hazard and often interrupts our plans for outdoor activites. But like many nuisances, it also has its soft, romantic side. Like this photo I took from my penthouse apartment window of the street below. There is something so wonderful about rain falling against a window pane. It has a way of increasing the drama of the moment. Like Puccini...











Being shut in your locker is a nuisance. I suppose for those who go through it it feels like much more than a nuisance. Here I am in a locker at a previous place of employment. This was obviously just for entertainment and is in no way meant to be interpretted as an advertisement for Pepsi-Cola.





Wedding dresses in and of themselves are not a nuisance, but wedding dresses that look wonderful, and yet cost $4,500 are a nuisance. Here I am modelling a couture, silk gown I can't afford. I thought the gown I did get was even lovelier, of course, so I could say good-bye this one!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Great nuisance photos. I'm still thinking about what to do for mine.

17/10/08 10:08  
Blogger Tara said...

Ah yes, I remember the dress-trying-on event that night! The Chipotle dinner fueled us well.

The gown you did choose was quite, quite lovely! I also thought the saris were an awesome idea too.

Oh and I love that first shot of the rain on the window.

17/10/08 20:03  
Blogger Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Nice shots.. Love the wedding dress.. trying on clothes are a nuisance..

18/10/08 08:07  
Blogger laura b. said...

Rain is such a nuisance, but I do love that shot.
Hmm...I want a Pepsi for some reason....

18/10/08 13:28  
Blogger RC Honestus said...

so awesome to see the rain drop photo and my bride looks beautiful!

19/10/08 23:37  
Blogger NoRegrets said...

Wow, that's a lot of money for a dress
!!!

10/11/08 15:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters