10.02.2008

BC Awareness

Wearing pink and a pair of jeans is apparently on the docket for many Americans tomorrow, myself included. It's officially Lee National Denim Day for Breast Cancer Awareness. I'm not a big band-wagon jumper, but when I see that they are looking to make more effective, less toxic breast cancer treatments, develop blood tests for earlier detection, and create resources to educate patients and families about new options, I threw my Abe Lincoln in the bag and picked up a pink pin. I'll be wearing jeans and a pink sweater tomorrow, because one in eight women is a lot and I or someone I love could be next.

Here's to keeping the girls healthy and beautiful! : )

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger laura b. said...

Thanks for the reminder. I will definitely wear pink tomorrow. I want to believe that breast cancer can be defeated!

2/10/08 14:39  
Blogger MrManuel said...

Always a good cause...

2/10/08 20:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wear jeans, but pink is another story.

2/10/08 21:12  
Blogger Tara said...

I don't have a pink shirt, but I do have some pink ribbon pins from when our office did the Komen Foundation Lee Denim Day thingy. I'll pin the hell out of my shirt. :)

2/10/08 22:29  
Blogger k_sra said...

Thanks for supporting the research! : )

3/10/08 08:28  
Blogger Churlita said...

Awesome reminder. Thanks for that.

3/10/08 12:23  
Blogger dmarks said...

Homer Simpson once wore a pink shirt to work, and he got fired for it. He isn ot a good example.

4/10/08 12:55  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea to support BC awareness. Most people don't even realize it's up there. Or that Canada even has states (ok, "provinces"). Or what province Canada's capital resides in. Or that they have much better candy than the US, a bewildering love of ice cream, and wonderful little vegetarian drum sticks complete with dipping sauce (ok fine, those are from Quebec, but they sell them in BC).

5/10/08 21:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters