9.19.2008

POWER!

*cue evil laughter and electrical storm*

Oh my, it's nice to have the juice again. I came home to a home this evening after almost five days without electricity, seeing my house a home again brought tears to my eyes, I am not ashamed to say.

I celebrated by turning on every light, turning on the TV, the computer, the fans and the shredder. Then I did a happy dance and turned them all off again... well, all but a few. : )

I'm going to take the longest, hottest shower of my life.

Thanks for sharing the experience with me!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to read that you have the power once again. It sucks when it's out and you have to live.

19/9/08 20:45  
Blogger Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Glad to hear all is back to normal.. it really does make you appreciate it when we do have it.. Go shower again and watch t.v..lol

20/9/08 05:00  
Blogger laura b. said...

Yay! Congratulations!!!

20/9/08 17:57  
Blogger Tara said...

Yayyy! Congrats! I can picture you hugging your big screen TV after taking a three-hour hot shower.

21/9/08 21:06  
Blogger k_sra said...

alien: living is easier with electricity... but not too much electricity.

Mrs. H: I certainly do appreciate power and I am still angry it was taken away, because it made me realixe how frail and dependant I am, but I guess that's a good thing.

Thanks, laura anad tara! I tried to hug the TV, but it's too big. :)

22/9/08 07:12  
Blogger Churlita said...

I'm so happy for you. I remember how good it feels to do all the things you haven't been able to do for so long.

22/9/08 15:07  
Blogger MrManuel said...

Welcome back power! We missed you!

23/9/08 20:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters