9.04.2008

Obama-Drama vs. Palin-Railin'

Politics is the new Celebrity this fall and expect everyone to get in on the act! Here's my favorite photo of the Great Black Hope. (Why do people forget he's half-white? I think that's racist. But then again, I also think McCain looks like a lopsided T-rex and Sarah Palin's voice is kind of grating.)

I think this election will go down a lot easier for me if I just focus on really trite superficial things like staging a "Cute-Off" for which nominee's kids are cuter, pitting Michelle Obama's wardrobe against Cindy McCain's and just generally accepting that for all the hoopla, Washington is gonna look a lot like Washington come January, no matter who gets elected. That's the way this country was set up, goll darn it, and that's the way it's gonna be!

And don't forget, gentle reader, if you find yourself inspired by soaring rhetoric or storming at the opposition, America is run by humans. That's right, I said it: humans. So, we kinda get what we deserve.


(One human hugging another human. Sort of.)



I'm with this lady. Let's crawl under the table and compare what Obamas and Bidens are eating for breakfast!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no angle, no skew....wow a blogger who has not succumbed to "good speakers"....

I have already made up my mind and decided to vote for local and state issues and leave the president for the Electoral College. That way I can say I voted and I can complain about whoever becomes the next figurehead, er president.

4/9/08 17:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll vote for the one who agrees to go on the next unmanned mission to Mars. Local and state issues, that sounds like a plan.

4/9/08 18:24  
Blogger Tara said...

Those are great photos. And I had no idea Obama smoked, but somehow that makes him look wonderfully casual.

4/9/08 19:38  
Blogger k_sra said...

buttering his bagel with a woman crawling around his knees doesn't look exactly formal either! man o man i hope more of these great shots come out soon. they are fun!

4/9/08 20:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think Hillary has a chance.

4/9/08 23:32  
Blogger Churlita said...

I like to look at presidential candidates the way someone told me to look at potential boyfriends: Look at what they do and not what they say.

5/9/08 11:33  
Blogger *Renee* said...

I'm so ready for this election to be over and done with *lol*! Uggghhhh... Not a big fan of anybody who is running this year. But I know I don't like McCain. And Palin reminds me of somebody who tries very hard to be in the "IN CROWD" and "COOL" and almost seems like she is trying to fit right in with her lovely daughter's crowd as well lol. I didn't watch (nor will I ever) their speeches but from the few sec clips played all over the net and on the news, her whole hockey thing and lipstick statement was so uncalled for. I bet if our country was run by animals, maybe we would go further. I question some humans *lol* and I know monkeys have a high i.q. :)!

5/9/08 13:05  
Blogger laura b. said...

You make a great point...Washington is going to look like Washington no matter who is elected. At this point, I would call myself more anti-Republican than pro anything!

5/9/08 13:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters