Born vs. Unborn Children (NAME POLL!)

Though your unborn child may occasionally try to kick your spleen into a cone-shape or sit on your bladder causing 24/7 urgency to pee, there are still advantages to keeping your child inside rather than outside of your body. Allow me to enumerate on the benefits of the unborn:

1. No crying.
2. No poopy diapers.
3. No day care costs.
4. No temper-tantrums in the checkout line.
5. Sleep.
6. Hours of wriggling entertainment.
7. Always have someone to talk to.
8. Navel-gazing is considered appropriate behavior at work.
9. Always "eating for two"
10. Not allowed to lift heavy things, open doors, stand too long, work too hard, etc, etc

Personally, I think this is a cushy gig. But then again, this is only the second trimester. Talk to me in three months. I will probably flip my vote by then.

POLL: Which boy's name do you like best? (Squiggles' gender is still unknown, so this is for entertainment purposes only)
1. Cade
2. Callum
3. Christopher
4. Cian (Kee-in)
5. Clive
6. Elon
7. Erich
8. Ezra
9. Gareth
10. Gray
11. Guy
12. Isaiah
13. Jace
14. Jericho
15. Joel
16. Kai
17. Luc
18. Xander
19. Zac

Labels: , ,


OpenID aliencg said...

Let me run down some of these names:

Cade, Callum, Jace, Zac: I picture him growing up wearing yellow polo shirts with a pink sweater tied around the neck.

Kai, Luc, Gareth, Elon: They are going to grow up and live in a Bohemian art community in SoHo.

Isaiah, Jericho, Ezra: Old Testament line-up? Where's Moses?

I could go on, but if you happen to be favoring any of these, then I fear I have spoiled many of them.

BTW, not Cian, too much chance of mispronunciation and misspelling, that tends to be defeating at a young age.

30/1/09 13:37  
Blogger k_sra said...

Alien, You're not spoiling anything. By all means, criticize. Squiggles and I can take it in stride. : )

Besides, what's wrong with growing up in SoHo? ; )

30/1/09 13:42  
Blogger Tara said...

Plus, you don't have to pay the unborn baby's college tuition..yet. You've got some time. :)

Let's see...names..I have never seen the name Jace before. I like that name! The other choices would be Callum, Cade and Zac.

Where are the girl names?

30/1/09 14:02  
Blogger k_sra said...

p.s. Alien, you forgot Zac (Zechariah) and Joel as old testament names. Also, Luc is new testament... I'm just saying.

Tara, I will defo try out some girl names 'sur le blog,' as the French like to say.

30/1/09 14:41  
Blogger laura b. said...

I loved being pregnant and mostly felt like I could keep it up forever...until the last couple of weeks...then it was, "get this thing OUT OF ME" haha!

My #1 pick out of that list is Guy. I've always liked that name!

30/1/09 18:33  
OpenID aliencg said...

I thought Zac fit better in the first category. Luc is going to live in Paris and wear a horizontal striped shirt and black beret.

Anyway, we also forgot Joel in the biblical section (see, I'm not entirely heathen yet).

30/1/09 19:16  
Blogger k_sra said...

Laura, then you can sympathize. this baby is so manageable in there. I mostly just have to lug it around, but at least it's still centered over my spine...

Alien, Oh contraire, mon frere! I did NOT forget Joel in my old testament list! Read again! I am glad you are not yet a 'perfect heathen', as my grandma used to say. ; )

30/1/09 22:22  
Blogger Pamela said...

I like old fashioned ones like Clive, or Guy, or Beauregard.

30/1/09 22:23  
Blogger gnomethang said...

My nephew is called Caleb - his parents are rather religious.
I do like Callum as a name - 'Our' Calum only spells it with one L.

I always feel that Zac or Zak should be spelt with an exclamation mark!.

Glas to see that mum and squiggle are doing fine.

2/2/09 05:47  
Blogger k_sra said...

Pam: Some of them I like, but some like Leslie, Cecile and Avery I find more than a little inappropriate now.

gnome: "Squiggles and Mum" sounds like an excellent children's adventure series! I should get to writing. I forgot 'our Calum's name was spelled different. Good point. Wonder how he's doing? Also, wonder how YOU'RE doing! have missed you, Bazza. :)

p.s. I ALSO have nephew named Caleb born to religious parents! it must be a thing! : )

2/2/09 08:21  
Blogger Churlita said...

I like Cade.

I didn't like being pregnant that much. it made me even spacier than I normally am and I couldn't run the last couple of months. i love being a mom, however, even when my daughters are in their teens.

2/2/09 14:14  
Anonymous Worldgineer said...

My favorites from this list:
Guy (especially if it's a girl)

I'm glad you aren't considering Liam, since that's my son's name. (tries to anticipate questions) Yes, last Saturday. Seven pounds eleven ounces. Mrs. Worldgineer is doing fine. I've posted a pic on multiply.

5/2/09 19:15  
Blogger k_sra said...

Oh, wow! That is WONDERFUL news, World! Well done to you and the missus and the new 'gineer! : )

Can't wait to see the pics!

9/2/09 10:58  
Blogger uncle jim said...

i'm into OT lately

how about ruth or david

10/2/09 20:17  
Blogger k_sra said...

Ruth, huh? I don't think it suits a boy particularly... :P

David is one of my favoritest boy's names in the world. It means beloved. Beautiful.

12/2/09 08:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters