1.20.2009

Maintenance Scavenger

Ironic that this week's word should be 'maintenance' when I had Internet problems since Thursday. Our Internet gave out and having no recourse, we waited for Monday when I had the day off and could go to Time Warner location a million miles away. It was closed. For MLK Day. Nice timing. So, now I'm back to someone else's Internet and posting this picture that "maintains" my appearance of complying with Scavenger Shot regulations...


Typical driver pride to take a shot of the speedometer. My husband and I were both in his car at this moment (he pulled off the road to take the photo with his camera). We kissed and vowed to travel at least another 100,000 miles together. It was all very touching and adorable. What else would you expect? What does this have to do with maintenance, I hear you ask. What about this DOESN'T have to do with it? Once a car reaches 100,000 miles, you're looking at some pretty likely future maintenance work. so far, we're good (knock on foam), but he is bringing it in for an oil change soon.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger NoRegrets said...

You should get an award for always linking the word to your marriage! ;-)

20/1/09 20:55  
Blogger Tara said...

Eek sorry to hear about your internet being down!

Very nice idea, though. To 100,000 more miles and beyond!

20/1/09 22:31  
Blogger laura b. said...

Aw, you two.... Now get going on that scheduled maintenance!

20/1/09 22:48  
Blogger k_sra said...

NoRegrets: Hey! I was forthright about that last week. But soon it will be weekly shots of babies, so enjoy it for what it is, I guess.

Tara: *sigh* Amazing we can function without it!

Laura: Aww! We're cute :P We will.

21/1/09 10:58  
Blogger Churlita said...

My ten year old car has 88,000 miles on it. We've taken some great trips in it.

21/1/09 13:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters