5.25.2005

Sarah's Sense of Foreboding

I feel uneasy, heavy, worried. Can't put a name on it. Don't know the cause, but I know I will find one some time later today - no matter how tenuous the relationship between cause and effect - I will find something to pin it to so I can say, "Now I understand why I felt so agitated. So and so had a car accident" or "A volcano took forty lives in the middle of the ocean somewhere." I wonder why I even bother to look for causes. Can't I just have a sagging feeling in my gut for no reason? Isn't it possible that hunger pains mixed with boredom throw in a dash of headache could approximate a sense of foreboding? Or that the cheetos I had for breakfast yesterday have finally caught up with me?

I remember more than once waking in the middle of the night, worried for someone later finding out they ran away from home or were hurting themselves at the very time I jolted out of bed. I suppose this is enough cause to justify my belief that right now I am feeling that heavy pull in my gut because someone or something is wrong or hurting or whatever. Like Jedi's, I suppose (although I hate to draw the comparison so close to the release of yet another waste of George Lucas' money) sensing a disturbance in the force. Or counselor Troi sensing anger as she stands there on the bridge looking concerned in her asymmetric unitard. Is it a function of my hyper-empathy super-skills or just a misreading of physical fluctuations?

So, seriously, what is going on? Is there an avalanche burying a small, Peruvian village right now? Did Code Red just launch a vanilla flavored product? Help me out here, people. What's wrong?

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Temple said...

Blame cherry vanilla diet Dr. Pepper. It's unnatural and disturbing. It also tastes good, which further leads to the trauma.

Hey, I'm glad you're here...I couldn't get to you yesterday. Ms. S, I have a small favor to ask. That sight, Hipster Cards? It's a friend of mine's place, and they've decided to try and have premier services in November so they want a marketing surge. This sight actually just began with her trying to get people to vote, one paper card, then some online (it's on the site still). Now it's doing so well. You seem to really like the site...would you like to help us and put a link on your page to Hipster Cards? Whether yes or no, if there's anyone else you think might, could you let me know their website for our marketing tracker? I'm asking all my friends and other people who I read....trying a new thing. Let me know what you think.

With your humor it's hard to know if you are really feeling some sense of foreboding, but if so, I hope you feel at ease soon. :) Maybe you should get some new socks, too. ;)

25/5/05 13:43  
Blogger dag said...

Maybe your biorhythms are on the down swing. Worth a check.

A sure cure would be to go to a pet store and let all the puppies lick your face.

25/5/05 13:57  
Blogger k_sra said...

Damn you, dag, you always have the best advice! Stupid cute little puppies all waggly and sniffy. Stupid me with no car. Damnit!
(how does one check biorhythms?)

Yes, temple, I was serious and yes I would be happy to promote hipsters. They are a cool site. A COOL SITE, DID YOU HEAR THAT BLOG WORLD? I REPEAT COOL!

I'll add a link.

25/5/05 14:30  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Must be this.

25/5/05 14:44  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

But this may make everything better.

25/5/05 15:08  
Blogger dag said...

To check your biorhythms try

http://www.facade.com/biorhythm/

amongst others.

25/5/05 15:36  
Blogger k_sra said...

Uhm, apparently I'm on an emotional/wisdom high right now. Now what?

biorhythm site for those interested.

25/5/05 15:42  
Blogger El Fid said...

What's the use of being empathetic if you don't even empathize with yourself? Sounds just plain ole pathetic, if you ask me. Besides, you keep using that word as if it meant intuitive, which you are not. If you were, you would see that the foreboding was clearly sitting above your eyebrows in your T-zone; which means you should choose the zapicator in front of you. But you also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied...

26/5/05 10:43  
Blogger k_sra said...

So you're saying I've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders?

26/5/05 12:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters