5.23.2005

Pointless Points to Ponder

Point #1: My left sock keeps twisting sideways when I walk creating wrinkles in the fabric under my foot making me feel like an old, saggy, unkept woman. The monkey stopped to pull up her sock many times today.

Point #2: My sister tasked me to pull a stunt. Another one, that is. Different from the Joey stunt, but the same. She wants me to call up some guy I know and propose marriage to him over the phone and tape the (immenent) rejection. It is tempting. Seeing as how he's already written me off, I needn't fear acceptance. I just don't know how to audioblog when I'm on the phone with someone.

Point #3: I'm nervous when I go out because there is a student who feels I have ruined her life and is violent and angry. Friday she was on the back stairs cutting herself. Today a bloody knife was found on top of one of the lockers. She blames me for telling my boss of a potentially harmful situation with one of the staff. Hurrah.

Point #3, no wait, we're at 4 now: My brother Joel got his blog smashed to bits under the weight of popularity after being published in Dawn Eden's column in the New York Daily News. I would link to my brother's blog (poor dear) but what's the point? Looks like someone needs to invest in a bigger server...

Point #5: Humans are the only species on the planet that have face-to-face sex. Just thought you should know that. In case you really only come here to learn something new everyday. Which, frankly, I am beginning to doubt.

Point #6: I wish my blog would entertain me. I wish it would do tricks or write random thoughts or something cool and interesting. It's sad really when you think about it, because I'm just writing this blog to amuse myself. I might as well make a sock puppet to play with...

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

1. Sounds like a good day to go barefoot.

2. You should be able to do this if you have 3-way calling. Check out your phone company's web page for details. Here's the instructions for my phone (yours may be the same).

3. That's terrible. Nothing good about that situation. I do think you did the right thing.

4. Shoot, if his blog could handle me you'd think it could handle anything.

5. Yet another benefit of being human.

6. I always assumed you were writing this blog to amuse me. Oh, and I think the sock puppet thing is a good idea, now that you're barefoot...

23/5/05 14:43  
Blogger dag said...

1. Socks serve many purposes, don't take the actions of one bad sock to be how all socks behave. Sever all relations with the bad sock and get a new one.

2. Did this guy do something to deserve this, or are you just messing with him to delight your sister. Make sure YOU are getting something out of the whole experience.

3. Ohio is a right to carry state. This means you have the right to carry a firearm concealed. Either get sufficient training to carry a firearm until the threat is passed or get your employer to hire and assign you a bodyguard. Do not take threats like this lightly.

4. Congrats to your brother on his popularity. Let's see if he can capitalize on his 15 minutes.

5. I think they are the only species that 69 as well. Maybe this is grounds for an in-depth research paper.

6. Can I name your sock puppet?

23/5/05 15:28  
Blogger k_sra said...

I'm waiting for that name, dag.

24/5/05 08:08  
Blogger k_sra said...

Tell the truth, dag, I'm a little bored of the whole "propose to the guy" thing now. I realize that was quick. After all I only proposed to one guy, but only because he was begging for it and I knew he'd never say yes.

Call me crazy but I don't want a man I can chase down anyways. I figure it this way--> every woman who chases down a man and makes him marry her gets the same thing: a passive man. Lord knows we have plenty of those on planet and lord knows I don't want one.

24/5/05 08:45  
Blogger k_sra said...

Damned primates! Can't have anything to ourselves.

24/5/05 15:53  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

The term "missionary sex" is so last week. These days it's called "monkey sex".

25/5/05 09:48  
Blogger Temple said...

My friends used to call socks like that "quitters.." I don't know why. Name your sock puppet Sniffy. :)

25/5/05 13:36  
Blogger dag said...

k_sra, I need to know a little bit more about you sock puppet before I name it. Once I have these, I'll get your puppet a proper name. A picture would help as well.

1. What color(s)?
2. Does it have a matching mate?
3. Are there any holes?
4. How high does it ride when you pull it up?
5. Is it happier in a drawer or on a body part?
6. Has it ever been used for anything other than for sockful purposes?

25/5/05 13:45  
Blogger k_sra said...

Dag,
It's beige, yes it does, just one at the top for putting your foot in, in a drawer I suppose, and no.

Right now both delinquent socks are in the trash can so they can know I am wroth with them.

25/5/05 14:27  
Blogger dag said...

Call the first one you see Ms. Elastomer and the other one Clyde.

25/5/05 16:19  
Blogger Tara said...

Well I know that the female preying mantis bites the head off of her mate after sex, but it's probably not face to face. More of a one-night-stand kind of thing if we want to call it anything.

1/6/05 15:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters