7.22.2005

Blogger's Nightmare

I dreamed last night. And what's more, I remembered my dream. It went something like this:

Someone hacked into my blog and turned it into a giant, cavorting, spam-fest. I couldn't log into my account because my password had been changed. I wrote Blogger in an ineffectual attempt to stem the tide of crap that seemed to be inundating my site. Post by post, I watched what was once a thriving world of words and images collapse into "Enhancements/Girl on Girl/Insurance Rate" pinwheels and sky rockets across the internet. There was nothing I could do to stop it. It was like a pixel cancer spreading without a sound devouring archives, comments, links. The work of two years of my life erased to nothing. Soon the address of 'k-srasra' became a by-word on the web. People would refer to it as 'k-sr*sr*' ommiting vowels just so the creeping, crawling demon that my site had become would not find this mention of its own (usurped) name and rain down destruction on the person who spelled it.

Everything, everything was gone.

When I woke up I was sad. And thirsty.

So I drank some water, tried to remember if this had actually happened or not, and feeling reasonably certain it had not occurred I went back to sleep.

I think what this dream is trying to tell me is that I need to back up my blog. Just in case. Or maybe it's trying to tell me to change my password more frequently. Or more likely, it's just trying to tell me to get a life.

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger dag said...

Still trying to get past ...Enhancements/Girl on Girl/Insurance Rate" pinwheels and sky rockets...

Gimme a sec..

22/7/05 14:53  
Blogger dag said...

Not sure why I couldn’t get past that one. Never heard that particular combination of words strung together like that. Been a long day.

Interesting combination of Spam, but I am now stuck with a vision of augmented girl on girl insurance commercials. Not that I’m complaining or anything.

Concerning your dream, I firmly believe dreams can serve a valid purpose. After all they are made from the bits and pieces of your sensory inputs gone amuck in the chaotic state of your illogical sublime.

22/7/05 15:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I have been trying to get better rates on my Girl On Girl Insurance coverage for some time now. Apparently I'm in such a low risk group that there's little competition.

22/7/05 15:16  
Blogger dag said...

Ah, but have you checked the "Enhanced" girl on girl insurance rates?

22/7/05 15:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, and apparently, despite personal tastes to the contrary, I'm in a higher risk group for that.

22/7/05 15:35  
Blogger Tara said...

As long as you didn't dream about
"Men Love: The Last of the Little Guys".

It could've been a warning. Since you've done such a fantastic job with this site, the dream was a wake-up call to make sure you do in fact backup your blog, make copies of your posts, do whatever it takes.

Course it could just mean you dreamed about your blog being spammed. Sometimes a dream is just a nightmare.

22/7/05 15:46  
Blogger k_sra said...

//Sometimes a dream is just a nightmare.//

Thanks, Tara. I feel better now. Especially since I'm too lazy to want to back up this blog.

"Call me Big Daddy when you back that blog up!"

teeheehee

22/7/05 15:48  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

I come here to make an innocent humorous comment about enhanced girl-on-girl insurance, just to see that the topic has already been fully explored. At least we know your blog readers are on top of the girl-on-girl action.

22/7/05 17:02  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

How do I create a backup of my entire blog?

22/7/05 17:31  
Blogger Sun äitis said...

Hello Sarah,
I wrote a short comment on your post about Foreign Exchange Program. You are so productive that a ziljon posts have been publish since then and you probably wouldn't check those comments any more if I didn't give you this hint!

23/7/05 03:44  
Blogger Daniel Helbling said...

Hello Sarah,
I wrote a short comment on your post about Zombo.com. You are so productive that a ziljon posts have been publish since then and you probably wouldn't check those comments any more if I didn't give you this hint!

23/7/05 07:58  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Hello Sarah,
I write comments everywhere.

23/7/05 11:07  
Blogger k_sra said...

Isn't that awesome that Sun aitis recommends my website? I'm stoked! I've reached that crucial foreign market niche: Finns who read blogs!

Wow, I don't know what to say. I'm flattered and honered and I gotta put up my sticker right away!

I want one to wear on my forehead. : )

(Oh, and dabu and world, thanks for commenting, too. I guess. Even if you are just plain old boring Americans...)

23/7/05 13:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wonder what joel was doing up at 2:41am - perhaps he was doing what you needed to be doing [tinkle-tinkle] and then maybe your nightmare would not have been.

24/7/05 15:54  
Blogger k_sra said...

BTW, thanks, World for the info.

25/7/05 11:57  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Sure. The instructions look somewhat involved, so you'd better back up your blog before trying it.

25/7/05 12:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters