7.21.2005

A Thousand Words?

Is this picture worth a thousand words? I don't know, but I do know this picture makes me want to carefully analyze every detail. You know those drawings on the back of Highlights magazine that ask "what's wrong with this picture?" I used to love those.
I don't think there is anything wrong with this picture, per se, but I do think it's a fascinating picture. Take a good long look at it. Tell me what you see. I'll tell you what I see:

1. These guys could start a children's TV show called "Pete and Steve at the Beach."
2. The guy on the right is an awkward catcher. The guy on the left is just awkward.
3. The catcher needs headscreen.
4. The other dude has major tanlines. On his legs.
5. They don't talk about this incident.
6. The two people behind them on the beach are photo junkies.
7. I wonder if their photos are better than this one.
8. There's a red ribbon in the sand.
9. Reminds me of Kabuki.
10. "You put yer right foot in..."

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger dag said...

1.This photo was taken between 12:30 and 13:30 PT somewhere near Anaheim, CA and the photographer was facing about 10 degrees south of East. (just a guess)
2.The red ribbons form the corner of a volleyball court, which is where the woman in red (above the guy in black) is headed.
3.I count 10 people in this picture.
4.There are no visible tatoos in this picture
5.The yellow umbrella has been abused.
5.G Gordon Liddy has a farmer's tan.

21/7/05 16:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While it requires the duo of operators to remain in close proximity to one another, the Konica Minolta 2005 Fullview actually does take pictures of what things look like from the other side.

21/7/05 21:08  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

This is clearly the most exciting scene on the beach.

22/7/05 17:18  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

The catcher shaves part of his face at the same time he shaves his head - and he's a few days overdue.

Apparently, 50% of men in this country have shaven heads.

The couple at the left side need to learn to experience life in the moment.

The woman under the yellow umbrella has taken off her clothes and hung them up. She was likely the intended subject of this picture until the two fools jumped in front of the camera.

26/7/05 11:16  
Blogger k_sra said...

What is that vertical grey line through the top left portion of the picture? Any guesses?

26/7/05 12:06  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

26/7/05 12:11  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

I want to say it's a tree, but that tree would just be too out of place on a beach. I think it's a giant sign that says "No Frisbee".

26/7/05 12:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters