7.12.2005

World's Most Boring Post

I'm going to try a little experiment. I am curious to see how hard it actually is to write as boring as possible. I haven't tried to write boring in years. I mean, I spend all my writing time trying to strengthen and simplify my words for maximum impact. But by thus neglecting my boring skills I run the risk of losing these skills altogether. And I can't have that!

Here's my attempt at the world's most boring post. Written from the point of view of a high-schooler at home on a summer day. 10 ยข to anyone who can find or write a more boring blog post.



"Today we had some hot weather, but not too hot. Hot enough to be kind of humid, too, but also there was a slight breeze. That made the hot less hot. There's always a little breeze, but today there was more than just a little. The lady at the bus stop said that, too, that there was a little bit of breeze and it was nice, cuz otherwise the day would be really hot and too hot is not good. Last week we had a day that was really hot. AND there was no breeze. Not even a little bit of one. And there usually is one, at least a little bit of one. It was so hot I didn't even want to go to out. I asked my mom if I could turn on the air conditioning unit in the living room. I had to turn it on early enough so that my bedroom would be cool, too. Because if my room isn't cool enough I can't sleep. It's too hot to sleep sometimes, so I turn on the air conditioning unit in the living room. It's the only one I have. I don't have one in my bedroom. Anyways, it doesn't really matter except on days when it is TOO hot like that day last week I was just talking about when we didn't have any breeze and it got hot. Right now I'm just sitting here in my living room (but the air conditioning unit is not on right now because there is a breeze and it is cool enough for now so we don't need it on) and I am writing this post so my friends at school can keep in touch with me during the summer. Hey guys. I would be outside right now except I ran out of asthma meds."

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

But why?

12/7/05 12:37  
Blogger k_sra said...

why not?

12/7/05 12:40  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Ok, I'll try.

"boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring"

There. It's a little like cheating, but I bet you can't read it all. Well, without going a little insane and hearing a phone inside your head.

12/7/05 12:41  
Blogger dag said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/7/05 15:38  
Blogger k_sra said...

Go ahead and say it, dag, you don't think that kid has any friends. Well it's true, alright? But it's not his fault. He can't help it he was born with a horse hoof for a hand.

12/7/05 15:42  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Well that's certainly not boring.

12/7/05 15:46  
Blogger honest + popular said...

You FAILED! In front of the whole, wide world, too! Now aren't you ashamed? Hold out your horse hoof, K, for a smack.

It's funny to watch a compulsive performer try to be boring and then be unable to resist entertaining the troops again.

You suck at something! Ha! Ha!

(Because this was funny, meds.)

12/7/05 16:31  
Blogger dag said...

K, you not only do horoscopes, you can read my mind as well. Damn you're good.

13/7/05 07:35  
Blogger Jinx said...

Boring? I don't think so. Indeed, this was possibly the most illuminating post I've read here. For the first time, I felt that you, as the writer, were reaching out to the reader and drawing us within yourself, showing us the joyous girl within the woman. There was a moment when I felt I knew you, not just from reading your blog or your comments on mine, but from a profound connection that stretched tightly between our minds, fairly humming with energy. It was an experience that crossed the line into the spiritual, and I, for one, would like to thank you for it.

13/7/05 07:39  
Blogger El Fid said...

You lost my non-interest on the third sentence. If it had been boring, I would not have finished it (a la WLGR).

I smack you, also.

14/7/05 07:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For having a horse hoof for a hand, this kid is a damn good typist.

14/7/05 14:19  
Blogger k_sra said...

Thanks, Sarah. BTW, I'm a Sarah, too! : )

14/7/05 20:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you hate it (as much as I do) when people sing that song, "Sarah, Sarah, storms are brewing in your eyes..." to you like you've never heard it before?

15/7/05 16:58  
Blogger k_sra said...

I can't stand that song! Not to mention "Sarah Smile" even when I'm already smiling. I mean, how unnecessary is that? Better than a name like Susie Q or Barbra Ann, I suppose. But I never did get used to having one of the most common names in the English language... *sigh*

18/7/05 10:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I think that it's rude to talk about people behind their backs, I thought I would let you know that I am talking about you (and about the woes of being a Sarah) over on my journal. Drop by for a visit sometime.

19/7/05 17:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters