7.10.2005

Two Siblings


Ah, behold the power of persuasion and a total lack of common sense! Here I sit in a basement on the other side of town from my dwelling at nine in the morning blogging what will seem to me after a good morning's sleep, a total and complete waste of time.

Scratch that. Not a complete waste. Not at all. Very poor quality, but still worth the bother.

My brother Joel and I have made a short film!

That may be the only type of project that can keep me up all night. We started at 3:00 yesterday afternoon and have not ceased to work on it until say twenty minutes ago.

I am so tired I can't even poke fun at myself or at my readers. I am too tired to make any nonsensical, paradoxical or otherwise interesting anecdotes about the project. Tired... sleepy tired

So, enjoy, and take care and... (fails at wit) ok, bye.

TWO SOLDIERS

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

My favorite line...with mirrored sunglasses, "I'm looking right at you...!"

10/7/05 16:09  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

Ha!!!

That was great. Well, maybe not "great", persay, in the sense that say fire or the wheel were great, but it had me laughing none-the-less. Post-production really did help. I assume, unless you ended up cutting a lot that was good.

10/7/05 17:54  
Blogger El Fid said...

Hurray for self-centered directors! This was so fun to watch..... aaah, takes me back.

10/7/05 21:17  
Blogger dag said...

Hmmmmm.

I would highly suggest retaining the services of a military/Government liaison/advisor for your next film in the area of weapons selection, hand to hand fighting, small teams tactics and PsyOps operations (all of which were extremely important in the film).

My only other suggestion would be the addition of substantial amounts of pyrotechnics (Ohio does have legal fireworks right?).

Other than that, I thought the film was nicely done and I originally gave it 2.5 stars, but taking into account he small budget and time constraints, I give it 4 stars.

11/7/05 10:11  
Blogger k_sra said...

It's true, dag, we need some professional help in terms of our story structure. Wish you'd been here. In fact we only chose that story line because those were the toys my nephew had left behind on the weekend. If, say, a niece had left behind her sassy Barbies this film could have been a lot different.

11/7/05 13:38  
Blogger honest + popular said...

"This film could have been a lot different", just about sums it up. La rue est à you-know-who.

Sed,
H+P (who guffawed while watching and startled her dog)

11/7/05 13:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

//It's true, dag, we need some professional help //

Quote of the year.

13/7/05 16:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters