8.03.2005

Where Nut Jobs Network

Bet you didn't know there was a Snack Food Association bringing together the world's manufacturers and producers of fine snacks and treats!

Oh! And I just noticed they're having a "Chip Seminar" in March 2006. Anybody wanna go with me?

Interesting tidbits from their site:

February is National Snack Food Month (I'm gonna go out on a limb and say in the US only)

SFA represents Snack Food Manufacturers before the government

Their membership includes, but is not limited to, manufacturers of potato chips, tortilla chips, cereal snacks, pretzels, popcorn, cheese snacks, snack crackers, meat snacks, pork rinds, snack nuts, party mix, corn snacks, pellet snacks, fruit snacks, snack bars, granola, snack cakes, cookies and various other snacks.


Good to see pork rinds made the cut. Hate for those (bastardized) snacks to be left out.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

When seeing the word "Chip Seminar", why do I picture a bunch of people in sitting in a lecture hall donned in business attire and a few of them jotting down notes about chips? Why do I picture that? Oh yeah, I'm strange. :D

3/8/05 15:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, had you said "Cookie Seminar" I'd have booked my flight already.

3/8/05 15:50  
Blogger k_sra said...

I think you have pretty much imagined the truth there, Tara. Pringles and Lays can't sit next to each other anymore because relations are brittle between them.

3/8/05 15:51  
Blogger dag said...

MMmmmm, meat snacks.

3/8/05 15:56  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

I hear things have become stale at cereal firms as well.

3/8/05 15:57  
Blogger Tara said...

Plus a few of them probably have a chip on their shoulders.

3/8/05 16:05  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

More spam?!? Make pork rinds out of 'im, [k].

3/8/05 16:48  
Blogger dag said...

Is spam considered a meat snack?

4/8/05 08:15  
Blogger Tara said...

dag said...
"Is spam considered a meat snack?"

Brutus would love it, Dag.

4/8/05 08:49  
Blogger k_sra said...

Why is it that people can misspell in a spam? That's not fair. If they're gonna spam, they should at least be required to spell correctly.

I agree, Mr. Fun, about the pellet snacks. I like to hang them in a little sack on the wall right next to my giant upside down water bottle. The cedar chips on the floor help catch the drips.

4/8/05 09:24  
Blogger Koobs said...

Okay. I'll keep it simple and on topic. For my prize, sra, I would like you to write a song about the Bermuda Love Triangle.

4/8/05 12:13  
Blogger Koobs said...

oooohh, and maybe I could be the captain in the song!!! Actually, that might be too complicated and personal.

4/8/05 12:15  
Blogger Koobs said...

so nevermind.

4/8/05 12:16  
Blogger k_sra said...

In my world there is no such thing as too complicated and personal, Koobs. I'll record it as soon as I get near a decent phone.

5/8/05 09:57  
Blogger El Fid said...

Pellet snacks, munch. I love how baby cut carrots are not on the list. Those are probably not "snacks," but rather people unknowingly munch on them between meals.

6/8/05 12:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters