9.15.2005

Stranger Than Corn

Sorry, Worldgineer, but I couldn't get your entire order filled. I struggled to unite the corn, the camera and the kindly stranger on a bus all at once, but my purse just wasn't big enough. So I did the next best thing. I asked a stranger at the library to hold the can of corn while I told him my life story (albeit briefly) and then took his picture. The only thing I know about the man in the picture is that his name is Mendrell, he doesn't like canned corn, and he doesn't know what an octogenarian is. What he does know is my life story.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Yay! All you missed was the bus, which was a non-essential piece anyway. I wonder if he blogged about this...

15/9/05 14:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mission accomplished...congratulations. I'll bet he's telling the tale to his friends...

15/9/05 14:59  
Blogger Tara said...

Is he a former creamed corn model? He looks so natural posing like that.

16/9/05 09:39  
Blogger El Fid said...

Hey, I sang a creamed corn song last night...

17/9/05 10:47  
Blogger chopper said...

...I waaaant to daaaaance!

17/9/05 11:27  
Blogger Tara said...

..."I waaant to grooooove!" Great, I had just stopped humming that song the other day.

19/9/05 15:26  
Blogger k_sra said...

Delarue, thanks for your kind remark, but it isn't so much confidence as it is charm. It's all charm. Charm makes my world go round. It's like confidence only it sparkles more.

But chocolate and confidence work just as well if you have no charm and corn handy.

21/9/05 10:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters