10.21.2005

A typical Cleveland morning

Yesterday was a good day, despite having seen a dead body on the city streets on the way in to work. Yep, even a hit and run victim under a sheet in front of a convenience store two blocks from my office couldn't put a dint in my day! Clear skies (except for the clouds), fresh air and cops for miles around swarming in with lights flashing, marking off distances from the head of the deceased to the curb! A beautiful day!

Even the young hoodlums who got on at the very next stop from the scene were quiet and calm, talking in hushed voices of the sprangled position of the body they had seen before it was covered up. And how politely they got out of the way as I made my way off the bus at my stop! So obliging. So charming. This whole city. Feel the love!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Saint Kansas said...

My dead body turned out just to be really drunk, though it is one of those "discovery" moments with your spouse: "Um, should we call the police?" "I don't know. Should I poke him with a stick first?"

21/10/05 09:19  
Blogger k_sra said...

Did you or did she do the poking with the stick?

21/10/05 10:41  
Blogger Saint Kansas said...

I learned that day to never leave the house without your corpse-poking stick if you're traveling Euclid.

21/10/05 12:47  
Blogger k_sra said...

HA! Famous last words! I have to use that as my subtitle for a day or two...

21/10/05 13:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters