5.02.2007

Five Question Interview

Steve DeGroof has obliged my request for an interview and produced the following questions. I have added my answers.
 
1. What's the weirdest job you've ever had?
Greencard Coordinator. Actually it's the job I have right now. It is pretty weird and fairly rewarding at the same time, so I'd have to say I like it.

2. If you had the ability to travel anywhere instantly at no expense, where would you work/live/have lunch?
Work hours still in Cleveland (I mean, who cares, right?), after work hours wherever my boyfriend happens to be, and lunch in Switzerland. I think fresh mountain air would improve my day dramatically. Also, the contrast of going from Cleveland to Switzerland in the middle of the day would probably make every day about the coolest!

3. What ever happened to Noble?
Have not seen him since my last post about him. I'm not sure. Last month I worried about him and wondered if he was ok. I'd have to go after him to find him at this point. I haven't worked up the courage to call his number.

4. Given a choice, would you prefer to visit 1957 or 2057, and why?
1957 definitely. Because the exchange rate is better and so are the cars (!)

5. Two people stand back-to-back, then walk 30 feet, turn left and walk another 40 feet. How far apart are they?
Only as far as their hearts take them. JK. Uhm, this requires a formula that I don't remember any more. Better do a google search of triangulation. Ok, that wasn't it. How about simple trig? OH! Pythagorean thereom... cool... asquared + bsquared =csquared. And since these two people are making two conjoined triangles, I can just solve for 'c' on one triangle and double it. So, if a = 30 and b = 40, asquared = 900, bsquared = 1600, so csquared  = 2500. Squre root of 2500 = 50, so c = 50. 50 x 2 = 100. These two people are standing 100 feet apart; one in the bathroom and one in the living room.
 
I am also contractually obligated to post the following rules:
1. If you want to be interviewed by me, leave me a comment saying "Interview Me".
2. I will respond by asking you five questions of my choice.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to my questions.
4. You will include these rules, and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

11 Comments:

Blogger Divya said...

well, go ahead interview me!

3/5/07 00:19  
Blogger "Honestus" - Raymond Charles said...

interview me, too! and #2 sounds doable. =)

3/5/07 02:12  
Blogger k_sra said...

Anonymous AON, Here you go:
1) Favorite childhood home and why?
2) At the grocery store, paper or plastic?
3) Name a subject you know too much about.
4) When did you decide to be a writer?
5) How long would it take me to learn the Bangalese alphabet? : )

Honestus Charles:
1) In your view what is the purpose and/or meaning of life?
2) Who is the sexiest woman you know? (HA! Trick question, I already know the answer.) REAL question: Who was your favorite teacher; highschool or earlier and why?
3) How much Hindi can you actually speak?
4) What character trait do you value most in yourself?
5) You are an expert in one particular style of dance, what style would that be?

Remember, these must be posted to your respective blogs. And please leave us a link so we can read them. : )

3/5/07 07:54  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

But, who is the sexiest woman he knows?

3/5/07 12:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this open to the hungry, yearning to breathe free, huddled masses who don't maintain blogs? (OK, I did have a big sashimi lunch, and my cubicle isn't really the same thing as huddled, but I've been fighting this bug for a week now and I really am yearning to breath free)

3/5/07 17:47  
Blogger PetiteDov said...

Interview me, please.

3/5/07 19:48  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

Wow, everyone wants to be interviewed by you. Maybe you show get your own talkshow.

4/5/07 11:00  
Blogger k_sra said...

normzone, Feel free to answer your interview questions right here on YLSN(a)ED:

1) Have you ever ridden in a helicopter and if so, why?
2) Who do/did you get along with better, your mom or your dad?
3) Favorite animal?
4) If you were forced into a fistfight on the street with a scrappy neo-nazi, how do you rank your chances, assuming neither of you has weapons?
5) Did you get married yet? : )


petitdov, GLADLY!
1) What are cloud games?
2) Favorite photo you've taken, what of?
3) Where would you be right at this moment if you had ten free hours, $1200 cash and one friend to be there with?
4) What is the most traumatic natural disaster you have ever lived through?
5) Are you doing what you lvoe to do? If not, why not? If so, what is it?

If you post to your blog PLEASE LEAVE A LINK! Thank you! : )

4/5/07 11:14  
Blogger PetiteDov said...

Thanks k_sera!

7/5/07 09:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank, sis.

) Have you ever ridden in a helicopter and if so, why? No, only because I'd rather spend that money on wine, women or song.
2) Who do/did you get along with better, your mom or your dad? Mom, although I think it's only because I'm hardwired that way, and my dad was so quiet.
3) Favorite animal?
Horse, in particular my mustang.
4) If you were forced into a fistfight on the street with a scrappy neo-nazi, how do you rank your chances, assuming neither of you has weapons?
I don’t want to hurt people, and I don't do fistfights, you can get your hands hurt that way. That said, I'm more of a knee-kicking eyeball-gouging throat-striking kind of guy. There will probably need to be two ambulances.
5) Did you get married yet? : )
She asked me about food and music again last night - are you interested in coming to the beach and being my best(wo)man?

k_sra:

1) Vanilla or _____?
2) You’re 20 foot underwater, only ten seconds away from wrestling a lobster out of a crack and you realize you will also run out of air in ten seconds. What do you do?
3) You see [normzone] trading blows with a scrappy neo-nazi on the street. Neither of them has weapons. You decide to…
4) English, Western, or Aussie?
5) You want to make a drink and all that’s in the house is vermouth and brandy. What do you do?

oceaj: Saltwater sagebrush

7/5/07 14:25  
Blogger k_sra said...

Oooh! Questions for ME!
1)Vanilla or DIE! (seriously, i don't understand the question. is this referring to ice cream, potpurri or rappers?)
2)I would wake up and say, "What they heck was i doing wrestling a lobster 20 feet underwater? what weird dreams I have!"
3)I decide to pull up a lawn chair and some popcorn and watch the show! jk. I'd scream my lungs out. one of the only advantages to having a woman's voice is that it tends to disrupt the gentlemen in such foolishness and draw a crowd. then i'd call the cops.
4)Scottish
5)I ask my boyfriend who probably knows some clever drink you can make out of that crap. if he's not there, i drink a glass of tap water.

Thanks, Norm! : )

8/5/07 07:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters