5.09.2009

Chicken

Sometimes, you find yourself asking, "Who me?" Am I supposed to be able to handle this? Am I going to be able to overcome this next hurdle? How did I get myself into this? Am I ready? Will I mess up? Will I fail?

And you feel, not just a chicken little, but a chicken lot.

Being pregnant has been like that for me. And as I draw closer to the conclusion of this nine month odessey, I see my old life closing and a new, wide-open door to heaven open. But to get through and stay through that door will take grace every morning. I am utterly chicken. And I feel so grateful for the chance to be chicken, and to make it through anyways.

Photo is from our honeymoon in Alaska. It's not often you find a wall that makes a point. :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

Great shot! I love it. I've been a parent for most of my adult life. I'm on the other side of that process. I don't really remember what I did before I was parent.

You sound like you're more than ready for it all.

12/5/09 11:37  
Blogger Tara said...

And when you do find a wall like that, it is not just a photo opportunity, it is a photo must!

Seeing as you are an amazing, awesome friend, I'm 100% positive you will be an amazing, awesome mom. You have lots of people nearby to support you, and tons of shoulders to cry on if necessary.

13/5/09 09:45  
Blogger laura b. said...

Anyone who has kids and doesn't feel at least a little chicken while contemplating it is a fool.
That is a great photo!

13/5/09 13:09  
Blogger Pamela said...

It is indeed a great great photo. And, I wish you the best of luck on that amazing journey!

13/5/09 15:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters