8.23.2004

Good Morning, Bloggers!

My comments spring all the boys to the blog! My blog is better than yours...

Alright. So, here it is Monday morning and I just told my boss that I'm taking a week's leave of absence. She's not happy. I didn't tell her the truth; that I'm going to New Orleans to audition for American Idol. That would've really put her in a foul mood. Instead I told her nothing. Always a good answer when you don't want to lie. If she asks though, there are "family issues" that need working out. That trick always works. >:)

But, yes, I'm going to NOLA, and you, dear reader, are going with me.

I should arrive on Sunday night. On Monday, at 6:00am I'll line up with the other wannabes outside the superdome. Sometime on Tuesday I'll get my 29 seconds of audition time for the producers. If they like me, I chill in NOLA till the "judges" show up. If they like me they'll send me to Hollywood. Exciting, huh? Truthfully, I'll be lucky if I even get into the superdome at all. If I'm number something-too-high-or-other in line they can jolly well turn me out. Iffy, folks, it's iffy.

But I do it for you, dear internet! To amuse and confuse you. Because I care that much about your entertainment. It'll be like a slumber party with 8,000 giggly teens! And I'll leave you audioblogs about what's happening and even introduce you to people I meet there so you can feel like you're a nineteen year old auditioning to be a pop star! Oh, yeah! Superstar!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

We'll all be here, waiting and watching. Though we'll understand if you end up on Bourbon street the whole week. You're a superstar to us either way.

23/8/04 10:58  
Blogger dag said...

Wholey Moley Superstar. That's pretty cool. What song and dance will you be performing?

23/8/04 11:26  
Blogger El Fid said...

Will you wear a cowboy outfit and a six shooter?

23/8/04 16:11  
Blogger Lydia said...

Oh...mah...gah...That is so cool. It's like sending in a mole! We'll get the behind the scenes, un-media'd account of this mystifying institution. I can't wait!
- Eager in Albany

24/8/04 08:25  
Blogger k_sra said...

S'Right, dude!
Stay glued!

24/8/04 13:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters