7.28.2005

The Ironic Pledge


I do occasionally wander over to the Pledge Bank, a little site where you can say, "I'll do such-and-such if so many other people will do something-or-other." Usually the something-or-other is the same as the such-and-such first proposed. It's all about groups of people banding together to reach a common goal. It's interesting if a little silly.

but today I chanced upon this little pledge. Take a moment to read it and its comments. A thing of beauty, really. Of course I signed up immediately! What kind of an individual would I be if I didn't?

I encourage you all to get involved with signing up for these little online pledges. Especially the ones that say, "I'll strip off completely if one other person will agree to meet me in bed. Naked." Those always end up being very profitable and amusing...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I pledged, now what did I win?

28/7/05 13:13  
Blogger k_sra said...

I find this pledge (now closed and failed) heartbreaking.

28/7/05 13:26  
Blogger dag said...

I'm not sure I can pledge to be more of an individual. What if you are already at your limits?

28/7/05 14:23  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

What [dag] said.

28/7/05 16:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters