7.25.2005

Pickle Trap


I wasted $2.99 this weekend on pickles I don't want. After writing a post here on my blog about the history of pickles and feeling nostalgic I purchased a jar of sweet midgets that looked oh-so-tempting. Open 'em and pull out a real corker of a pickle only to taste the dreaded, the hated, the loathed and despised: Splenda.

The bane of every sweet tooth's existence.

That bastard sugar couldn't taste more like rat poison if you squeezed it from the hind quarters of Mickey Mouse himself.

Nasty. Or as some would say, "blergh."

(above: Click on the picture of me in a pickle funk. I could have spent that 2.99 on something nice. Like cookies or hummus.)

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Take two dills and call us in the morning. STAT!

25/7/05 09:13  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

I guess that's what you get for choosing the sugar-free sweet pickles (shiver).

25/7/05 10:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, k, I went out and bought pickles this weekend, too, after reading your blog. A huge jar of Vlasic dills. Um, the jar's almost empty. The pickle industry should give you a cut in their earnings from the weekend--they totally owe you, man.

25/7/05 12:08  
Blogger k_sra said...

No. Way. Tara bought pickles, too. Holy hell! What is going on? There's a major run on pickles happening. And I, like the freak I am,can only buy Splenda Pickles! Of all the rotten luck.

25/7/05 12:37  
Blogger Tara said...

The Pickle Craze of 2005 - brought on by you Sarah - the talented thespian/ singer/guitarist/blogger from Cleveland.

And speaking of Splenda, I saw a lady on TV talk about her favorite condiment - she puts Splenda (or just regular sugar) on everything she eats including salads and individual veggies. Isn't that disgusting??

25/7/05 13:10  
Blogger dag said...

Uh, you ain't lookin' so good there K.

25/7/05 13:49  
Blogger k_sra said...

That's me in a jar full of Splenda-enhanced pickle juice.

25/7/05 14:50  
Blogger Tara said...

You've got Pickleitis with a twist of lime disease.

25/7/05 14:53  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

Uh, you ain't lookin' so good there K.

Hey, once you try green, you never go back.

25/7/05 15:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's no wonder that one of my favorite "to-hell-with-you" phrases is "Whatever tickles your pickle."

25/7/05 15:38  
Blogger Lukas Abrhm said...

oof.. not-really sugar sucks. really. whadda rip.

26/7/05 01:28  
Blogger El Fid said...

That clip is a blogger's nightmare. The eyes creep me out.

27/7/05 09:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters