11.04.2005

Odds on Campbell

Considering that Mayor Jane Campbell has a history of showing up to scheduled events quite late or not at all, what are the odds on her arrival this morning? Let's start taking bets.


Place the odds on these three:
  • Shows up on time

  • Shows up half hour to an hour late

  • Doesn't show
  • Update:

    She showed! And not just that, she arrived on time (if you consider 6 minutes late "on time") and stayed a full hour instead of just the fifteen minutes scheduled. She at least answered all of the (angry) questions of her constituents, even if she didn't always answer them well. I can tell when a politician is running out of answers when they devolve into oppponent-bashing. According to Mayor Campbell her opponent Frank Jackson is: unconcerned with the poor of Cleveland, not a team player, easily angered, obstinent, and a poor problem solver.

    Labels: , , ,

    7 Comments:

    Blogger Worldgineer said...

    Politicians are always late. I stood in the sun for hours waiting for one of our previous presidents (though on reflection this may have been caused by fitting in an appointment with his intern). I vote B (were there letters? what's wrong with this ballot?). Though I'd increase the time some if she has an attractive secratary.

    4/11/05 10:49  
    Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

    I guess neither candidate is that great...

    Maybe the city can do away with the position and just run themselves by committee...

    So did she ever show? And did she sound like a politician running behind in the polls...promises, promises, promises - but no reasons that they didn't do it the first term!

    4/11/05 13:54  
    Blogger jj said...

    I wish i could be clear and concise about this, and give you a new startling insight into the inner workings of Mayor Jane Campbell. But I don't know who she is. I'm sure shes important and a big fish in her pond, but in the communist state of 'Gracuvania' we shot all the Mayors years and years ago

    4/11/05 14:49  
    Blogger k_sra said...

    That's ok, Grac, I know about as much about her as I ever wanted to. I can't vote for her anyways...

    4/11/05 15:09  
    Blogger Worldgineer said...

    Why not? Have you switched over to Brittish citizenship already?

    Oh, and I hadn't heard of her either Grac.

    4/11/05 16:58  
    Blogger k_sra said...

    Well, no I'm not a "resident" of Cleveland.. I just work here. So my vote means nothing even though what affects Cleveland affects the suburbs, too.

    7/11/05 08:35  
    Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

    I'm not a citizen of Cleveland, either...but what the Cleveland Mayor does effects the entire area, so I guess I have an interest in the way the economy goes...

    And, until recently, I worked part of the time in Cleveland at some of the big hospitals and in the surrounding area. So, it meant more to me until 2 months ago...

    It'll all be over soon...

    7/11/05 17:10  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Web Counters