12.01.2005

Our Favorite Words

Graculus mentioned this site before. It's a collection of people's favorite words and why they like them. I would like to bring this 'I' word to everyone's attention:

"Indeed.
This is the only word I need to keep up my end of an entire hour-long telephone conversation with my sister. With intonation indicating the raised eyebrow, a slow, sympathetic nod of the head or enthusiastic agreement, all cued from the intonation at the other end. Never has any other word served me so well.
Phil White"

If Phil's sister is reading this, I think you should be rather offended.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Indeed (nods head)

1/12/05 15:14  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

My submission:

Go

Go is my dog's favorite word. It means Go to bed, Go for a walk, and Go out. I think she has the right idea. Who likes staying in one place?

1/12/05 15:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters