2.08.2006

Picking Up Chicks: 101

Men, tired of being rejected by women you've barely met? Unsure of how to approach that fabulous hottie across the bar? How will you learn the smooth approach when chatting up the ladies? Here's how. Cutting Edge Image Consultant, Stephen Nash (yes, Stephen Nash) gives you step by step instructions on how to keep it casual and easy when meeting chicks. He keeps it real on how to make your next approach "as natural as a sunrise."

For instance, don't wait for her to ask questions about you, instead, surprise her with a sentence loaded with personal goodies that make you seem like a real nice guy:

“Your sweater reminds me of my sister, though we are from the south, it gets cold around November. She used to wear something similar at Thanksgiving.”

See how easy that was? Also, if you can convince this guru of the girly that you've got what it takes and are striking out all over town, he will send you a copy of his ebook "How to Get a Girlfriend" absolutely free!

This one's a no brainer. Gentlemen, start your engines, cuz it's time to put that love-mobile in drive.

(Swiped from Joey's blog.)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

//“Your sweater reminds me of my sister, though we are from the south, it gets cold around November. She used to wear something similar at Thanksgiving.”//

Oh sure, that's the sort of thing a guy is likely to say out of the blue. If I heard a guy say that to a woman he just met, I'd be looking around for the teleprompter. "though we are from the south"? Who talks like that?

OK, granted, the concept is sound. But the delivery reads like a dime store novel. Something more like this would be more plausible: “My sister has a sweater like yours. We're from the south but it still gets cold around November. I think she wore it at Thanksgiving.” Even that sounds a bit stilted. It's really hard to cram all of that into a conversation without it sounding artificial.

8/2/06 17:04  
Blogger k_sra said...

Subtle tip for you men reading, comparing a woman's sweater to one your sis wore years ago around the house is a baaad idea. You'd do better just to say, "That sweater is gorgeous. I've never seen one like it. Oh, and my sister lives in Georgia, has two kids, and we see each other every year around the holidays."

8/2/06 18:00  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

Good point. Lines like, "That sweater reminds me of one my sister's been wearing for years" really wouldn't go over well.

So, Sarah, what lines have worked on you?

8/2/06 22:47  
Blogger k_sra said...

Uhm, thinking, thinking...

No, not really. I can tell in my gut whether a guy wants to be in fornt of me saying something. If he doesn't want to be there, I set him free form the trauma of having me say yes. If he wants to be there and doesn't say something jerkwad, I'm interested. It's really that simple.

Of course, I'm not treading those dark waters these days and very grateful for it.

8/2/06 23:29  
Blogger "Honestus" - Raymond Charles said...

not treading those waters? that must mean someone must have commented favorably on your sweater collection.

here's a link that has a good list.
http://www.linesthataregood.com/

i should use a few of these and see if they work...

9/2/06 01:37  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

[k] You really should bring your SO home to meet your blog family, make sure we like him. Does he have a blog? Does he have plans to get a blog? Does he support your blog?

Of course maybe you're not to the share-your-blog stage, and that's ok too.

9/2/06 15:29  
Blogger k_sra said...

My SO knows of this blog and reads it (occasionally). *sigh* I guess we're just not to that stage yet. (drums fingers impatiently)

But you'd like him, he's a lot like you only he isn't a shy engineer and he doesn't spend huge amounts of time on the internet and he doesn't live in Seattle. But other than that, very similar.

9/2/06 19:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's nothing. I didn't write this book neilp.

It's not me.

9/2/06 23:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters