2.20.2009

ICE, ICE, BABY!

Crap, it's Friday afternoon, I should be already assured of my Scavenger plans. Knowing firmly what I want to post, having a post pre-made and scheduled for posting early Saturday morning, I would make the Boy Scouts proud... but I am without a plan, unsure of my options, clinging to a picture I'm not sure I can locate, sick of ice in general, and looking for some relief in the form of Spring.

Well, I have a safety. Alaska. Alaska the beautiful, ice-capped state that my husband and I visited on our honeymoon. My backup is just to post a snap from my camera phone of the craptastic Cleveland landscape.

With your indulgence, I hereby post... none of these things. In fact, let us deviate from the obvious and go straight to the alternate meaning of ice:




How could a girl say 'no' to that sparkling beauty? Also, the guy wasn't that bad. ; ) I am wearing it right now. It is also my wedding band because I don't want to make it a set. When/if my fingers get too puffy to wear it, I'll revert to a backup ring until the swelling goes down (see: joys of being pregnant). This is by far the most extravagant piece of jewelery I own. It's sort of my pride and joy. Apparently, the jeweler who custom made it from my husband's design thought so, too, because he featured on his website:


Needless to say, It reminds me of the heart of fire that keeps our love warm on these ice-capped Cleveland days. Je t'aime!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

That is a beautiful ring. I wouldn't mind if the forecast called for an ice storm with those diamonds landing on my balcony. Just scoop some up after the storm.

20/2/09 21:47  
Blogger laura b. said...

Oooohhh, shiny! That really is a gorgeous ring. Seems like a much happier idea than posting the bad weather :-)

21/2/09 15:24  
Blogger NoRegrets said...

It is indeed beautiful...

22/2/09 18:27  
Blogger Churlita said...

I'd rather see your pretty ring than the crappy weather any day.

23/2/09 17:21  
Blogger Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

That is gorgeous.. I love the fact that your hubby designed it with you in mind and you obviously love it..

24/2/09 08:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters