2.12.2009

To Be or Not To Be (a Girl... with Name Poll!)

The suspense is killing me! Are we having a girl or aren't we? My husband and I agreed to wait on learning gender until the birth of our child. Both of us have confessed to having a gut feeling that Squiggles is a boy... but what if Squiggles is not a boy? What if Squiggles is a girl? What if Squiggles is bringing a flood of cute pink and purple clothing and toys that will adorn every corner of our house? For years! That means Dora the Explorer on TV, My Little Ponies underfoot and Cinderella bedsheets on the bed. It means my husband will be outnumbered (at least initially) and I will be raising a little mini-me. It boggles the mind. A little girl! That would be amazing. Not sure I'm ready, but it will still be amazing.

So if it is a girl, what name(s) do you prefer:


Abril
Amara
Anabel
Angeline
Anja
Brielle
Callie
Geneva
Grace
Katya
Lily
Rose
Sophie
Tatyana
Zoe

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger laura b. said...

Those are all such lovely, romantic names. I guess my favorites are probably Anabel, Brielle, and Tatyana.

Grace, Sophie, and Zoe are pretty too, but I seem to have countless numbers of them passing through my Toddler Times....

12/2/09 15:09  
Blogger Pamela said...

I like simple. Lily.

12/2/09 15:09  
Blogger Tara said...

Oo yay, girl names! My favorites on that list are Brielle and Zoe. Especially Brielle, though.

You can bet that Barbies will be part of that toy collection if you do have a girl, because that means that I can go into the toy department and not feel like I'm regressing. ;)

12/2/09 15:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zoe. I suppose it would it be taking your blog too seriously to name her Kay Sarah.

nerever: A specific location is required. ant: wherever

12/2/09 21:36  
Blogger Churlita said...

I like Katya. It's not something you hear a hundred times a day at school, but it's not so different that she would get teased either.

16/2/09 17:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters