7.30.2004

My 100th Post!

Folks, I'm celebrating my 100th post on You Learn Something New and in honor of this momentous occasion, I will be offering you 100 pieces of useless information...

...if I have time, that is.

LET'S GET BLOGGING!

1. I currently have $6.74 cash on my person.
2. I am listening to a Loreena McKennitt song titled "Skellig."
3. Today is Jean Reno's Birthday. He was born 1948.
4. This was originally the post with random alligator pictures. Which I deleted when I hijacked this post so I could call it my 100th post.
5. Today is Hilary Swank's 30th Birthday!
6. 2 + 3 = 5
7. I just wrote out a purchase requisition for $188.04. For t-shirts. Blue ones.
8. The number eight on it's side is an infinity symbol. Falling eights are infinitely heavy!
9. Lisa Kudrow is 41.
10. Measurements of a pole bean.
11. The Only Band You'll Ever Need
12. Desperado; learn it and sing it!
13. 40 years for Vivica Fox.
14. Jimmy Hoffa disappeared this day in 1975. Learn more.
15. The 38th governor of California was born on this day in 1947. Way to go, old timer!
16. Shop at Smart Bargains!
17. It's international BOG day! (no, not "blog")
18. Apollo 15 lands on the moon
19. Delta Burke was born on this day in 1956.
20. Fotoblog
21. Where to hire look-alikes.
22. PopNots
23. 91st result from a Google search on "crude oil."
24. negative facial expression.
25. What my brother drank. He even has those cups now...
26. For a good time call the Neistat bros.
27. Cart Companion
28. For Hot Heads
29. Bottle Rockets: make your own!
30. Wendy's dollar menu reviewed.
31. Rabies Prevention for kids! It's fun!
32. Lyrics for R. Kelly's Hump Bounce
33. (thanks El Fid) Johnny Lang's new album has just dropped! (actually it was released last year. oops.)
34. Cleveland stinks during the summer.
35. Guess what? Chicken butt.
36. Guess why? Chicken thigh.
37. Open toe tights!
38. Fishies!
39. Morocco
40. Portuguese Train Station
41. I'm not sure where they are, but I'm pretty sure They're Not Having Fun.
42. Trucks of Kelly Park.
43. Unappetizing
44. World's Cutest Greeters
45. Graffiti. Love it.
47. Free Standing Tombs
48. More Graffiti
49. In France they're called Tagues
50. Currently the first Google hit for Purple Leaves
51. The President's 2004 Veteran's Day Proclamation
52. I have this dream all the time ---> &$
53. And I threw these guys in for good measure
54. Upsy-daisy
55. Nice catch there, Lisa
56. Not just a nice word, it's also a great place to eat!
57. I'm a little more than half way there...
58. A funny movie. You should watch it some time.
59. Thought you'd like to know where the Amazon is
60. The perfect age. I can't wait to be sixty. Well, I can wait, but I think it'll be awesome. At least, I hope so. I'll be very disappointed if it's not.
61. So mellow
62. Lyrics to Open Your Eyes
63. Learn a little more about Diamonds
64. How to Turn Down A Valentine
65. Sometimes there's a downside to being man's best friend...
66. It's from the Hit TV Show so it can't be that bad
67. Where critics gather to throw ripe fruit
68. It's Thursday. Syke. It's Tuesday. Man, you're gullible.
69. I'm obsessed with graffiti for some reason. Love the shading
70. Steve Biko was murdered in 1977
71. Hungry? Try Rally's.
72. Make love not war
73. giglet (GIG-lit) [noun, also giglot] A giddy, frolicsome girl.
74. I love bread
75. 3/4 of the way there. I can almost smell the finish line!
76. What are giblets?
77. How many people spell it "deartment?"
78. Brush up on your Engrish?
79. Llama sing-a-long
80. Reverse Scam
81. Dirty Vegas
82. Mexico City has more taxicabs than any other city in the world.
83. Colombia celebrates Tomatina, a holiday in which they throw tomatoes at each other.
84. I have six keys and three bonus cards on my key ring.
85. Rainy Day Resource Page (you know, for kids!)
86. Wheee!
87. Rumpelstiltskin
88. Embarrass has two 'r's.
89. I can finish the word search from the local paper in twelve minutes or less.
90. Somewhere a breeze is blowing.
91. Definition of Economics
92. Do you know the Muffin Man?
93. This technically isn't my 100th post. That and it's been almost a year since I started this list.
94. I wonder what ever happened to Lieberman?
95. Jaboticaba
96. Don't just stand there, Bust A Move!
97. In Devon, Connecticut it is illegal to walk backwards after sunset.
98. Men get hiccups more often than women.
99. Did you know Mexico has 31 states?
100. Can you believe I finished this post? I bet half the links are broken by now.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger El Fid said...

33. Jonny Lang is the cutest little-nerd-blues-guitar-boy since that Hanson (he's so hot right now).

30/7/04 14:59  
Blogger El Fid said...

34. This is a rich kids' toy. Soon all rappers' children will have them.

30/7/04 15:12  
Blogger kenny said...

37. I climbed to the top of this mountain on my honeymoon 5 years ago via Tuckerman Ravine.

31/7/04 15:43  
Blogger kenny said...

38. I have no idea why they have the cheesey Indiana Jones music on that page. Sorry.

31/7/04 15:44  
Blogger chopper said...

39. Pecans are the only food that astranauts do not have to treat and dehydrate when flying in space.

2/8/04 09:38  
Blogger k_sra said...

Really? The only ones? What about walnuts and pistachios?

BTW, thanks, El Fid, rbl, kenny and chopper for helping me out. Even if'n I didn't reach one hundred. It's the thought that counts! *sniff*

2/8/04 11:01  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

40. You give up too easily. Isn't patience a virtue?
41. As of right now, you've written 16,679 words on your blogs. That's a lot of words.

2/8/04 18:55  
Blogger k_sra said...

It's not so much that I give up easy as it is I set my sites too high. Don't worry I'll finish it, just couldn't possibly have got it done on the day of. : )

3/8/04 08:24  
Blogger gnomethang said...

Hey! Dirty Vegas!. Check out the credits on 'One'. My twin brother played bass on a few of the songs before they nicked his lines and fucked off for a tour in America that they 'couldn't afford to pay him for'. Wankers!

6/7/05 15:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters