6.02.2005

Becoming A Corporate Blogger

I came across an article in the Wall Street Journal's online career journal yesterday which astounded me. It basically told me that the way in which I waste time right now at my somewhat easy and unchallenging desk job is actually earning some lucky sons-of-bloggers up to $75k a year.

My jaw dropped. Paid top dollar to blog? Impossible! But this apparently phenomenon is catching on. Top companies want a friendly face and a conversational tone to their otherwise cold, money-grubbing exterior. And that's where colloquial geniuses like myself come in quite handy. The art of writing in a conversational tone is, apparently, highly sought after by the pin-head, stuffed shirts in the corporate world. Yippee!

Now I just have to find a company dumb enough to hire me after saying all those disparaging things about corporate environment... Let's just get out the Yellow Pages, shall we...?

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger k_sra said...

No really. I mean it. I want to be a corporate blogger. Who's with me?

2/6/05 14:44  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

(raises hand) Perhaps you should start with the Learning Channel.

2/6/05 15:15  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

You know, because she specializes in teaching us something new (almost) every day. They were the only place I could think of that does something similar and actually makes a significant profit.

Can't wait for tomorrow's little known fact "Clamato actually beats out the second leading seafood-based drink almost 12-to-1 in a blind taste test!"

3/6/05 09:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters