11.29.2008

GRATITUDE - Scavenger Hunt Photo

Gratitude is the art of appreciation. It is directing your focus from all things -good or bad- to a focused appreciation of just those things which are good. Even if temporary, this focus helps adjust our reality to a sweetened view. Letting the good "outshine" the bad, allowing the positive to take center stage, we do not ignore what is imperfect, but we allow the negative to take a momentary backseat in our lives. And sometimes, this little reprieve heals the heart more than anything else.

This week, I am grateful for my 10 week old (pictured to the left). I am grateful for my loving husband. I am grateful for my entire family. I am grateful for wonderful friends!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

[I nominate AlienCG to choose next week's scavenger word. I ALSO nominate AlienCG to pick up the slack left by his brother EvilE to keep an updated list of all the words used so far and by whom (in chronological order) so that we know who's been picked recently and who is getting left out of ther picking process. All agreed? Say 'aye.' *bangs gavel*]

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Is that the baby? That is wonderful..

we are grateful for good friends and family and having a place to lay our head at night.. very appropriate word for this week..

29/11/08 08:25  
Blogger Tara said...

Aye!

Well done with the word. It was a perfect word for the holiday, too..Which reminds me I have to post my photo! Dang, it's Saturday, isn't it??

29/11/08 12:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aye. The motion carries and I will post the words, in order and with the names of who chose each.

Great picture, congratulations.

30/11/08 10:06  
Blogger laura b. said...

Congratulations! Thank you for posting your first baby picture here :-)

1/12/08 12:40  
Blogger Churlita said...

Congrats! that's so exciting. I couldn't do it this week, because I was too crazy busy. I'm grateful for a lot of things though.

1/12/08 14:13  
Blogger RC Honestus said...

i love that picture!

2/12/08 23:08  
Blogger NoRegrets said...

Congratulations!!! woo hoo!

5/12/08 13:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters