12.10.2008

Recent Entries in my Preggo Journal

December 4, 2008 - Thurs
Now that everyone at work knows I'm pregnant, I can start wearing unabashedly obvious pregnancy clothes and let my gut hang out. : )

December 6, 2008 - Sun - 12 WEEKS!!!!
I'm four months pregnant now. Second tri-mester. We did it! Good job, Squiggles! Oddly enough the morning sickness suddenly and mysteriously stopped. Just like that. I woke up this morning and no nausea, no two-hour food requirements, nothing. Just me. Normal old me. Very odd feeling, but I'm not complaining.

December 10, 2008 - Wed
Now that I'm pregnant, my saliva has gone on strike. It doesn't work. This was brought home to me with great force when I began sending my Christmas cards this year. *lick* flap slowly unseals. *lick lick* flap opens faster this time. *slam book on top of envelope* NOTHING I do keeps those envelopes sealed! What is wrong with my spit??? It used to be as good as crazy glue. Guess it's time to get the scotch tape out.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Churlita said...

You are in the Honeymoon phase of your pregnancy. I loved it that first morning I woke up and didn't feel like crap. I hope the rest goes just as well for you.

10/12/08 11:54  
Blogger laura b. said...

I love reading about people's pregnancies. I really enjoyed being pregnant...and it sounds like it is going great for you! So exciting :-)

10/12/08 20:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for not describing, in vivid detail, the ordeal of your morning sickness. I am glad to hear that everything is going well (except for the salivary glands) during this time. COngrats on making through trimester #1.

11/12/08 07:59  
Blogger Tara said...

Is your baby using up all of your spit? Maybe he/she is preparing some greeting cards, although I'm afraid to find out how they'd be mailed out.

11/12/08 12:30  
Blogger Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

congrats on the baby.. I had to tough it out for the whole nine month's with morning sickenss.. it was all day everyday sickness.. be glad you got off easy.. lol

12/12/08 06:49  
Blogger k_sra said...

Churlita: 'Honeymoon phase' sounds nice! Let's go with that. For a lo-o-o-ong time! : P

Laura B: that makes you special, I think. I only like reading about pregnancy because I am pregnant. I'm not really sure I'll want to read about it afterwards... ugh.

Alien: You're welcome, although I had very little vivid detail to actually report. I was one of the lucky ones. : )

Yes, Tara! Squiggles is totally robbing me of saliva! I KNEW it! :) You give 'em an inch and they swim all over (to quote little mermaid).

Mrs. H: I am so very sorry. I can only imagine how miserable that must have been for you. The only thing that makes it worth while is the cuteness that was to come. You should be very proud of your accomplishment!

12/12/08 07:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters