8.09.2005

And the Winner Is...

HA! I bet you thought I'd forgotten this contest, content to let it sink into ignominy at the bottom of the page to rot in the archives section! But I have not. I would not do that to a Caption Contest. Ever. No. Not ever. (Stop looking at me like that, World! I meant what I said! Ok, so one time I let a caption contest mildew in the cellar. It won't happen again.)

Once again, you are all winners in my eyes (it's just some of you are funnier winners than others) First place wins FABULOUS PRIZES!*

First Place Winners:

Marie said...
Stay tuned for the season premiere of "Charlie's Angels: Warmed and Dangerous."

Tara said...
Fearing that the sisters would be labeled as the "Olzen Triplets", Inga, Erga and Flergh break out and define their individuality.
Runners Up:

Nicotine Jones said...
As he examined his handiwork, Klaus thought that the hats really DID pull the whole outfit together...

Flipsycab said...
Zerga's: For All Your Winter Marching Band needs!

Munchkin Lives said...
"We represent the sock monkey guild, the sock monkey guild, the sock monkey guild..."

Tara said...
The three corporate associates hated each other with every fiber of their beings.

Steve DeGroof said...
The 1968 Winter Olympics hosted the first (and last) Synchronized Semaphore competition.

Honorable Mention goes to:

neilp said...
"Strewth, mate,those Lamingtons look ripper"
For making me look up "Lamingtons" and "ripper."


Congratulations to our winners! And thank you to all of our not-so-winners for not getting angry and demanding guilt gifts. : )


* (Your choice: 1) A random prize selected by k_sra from her local dollar store and shipped to you. [Note: this prize is really random.] 2) A stunt photo of your choosing where k_sra will attempt to create the image of your choosing with random objects and people. 3) A song made up about a topic of your choosing and performed here on the blog.)

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

"Yyyess!!" I hissed with clenched teeth and a fist. Wow I'm honored! Marie, we did it! I'm ecstatic. Maybe too ecstatic. And I'm a runner up too? Jeez oh pete!

9/8/05 13:21  
Blogger Tara said...

Oh and I'll pick what's behind door # 3 - A song made up about a topic of my choosing and performed here on the blog. I was envious of the Bermuda Triangle song.

9/8/05 13:23  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

I'm not surprised that you had so many runners-up. Good contest, that was.

9/8/05 13:29  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

(psst, you're supposed to tell her to go take a picture of something. For instance, "I want a picture of k_sra base jumping off the Grand Canyon".)

9/8/05 13:58  
Blogger k_sra said...

Wonderful! I just need two things:

Tara, what's your song to be about and Marie, what's your picture to be about?


And go!

9/8/05 15:13  
Blogger k_sra said...

Oooh, you're fast, Marie! OK, done and done.

Tara?

9/8/05 15:19  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

(psst, Marie just did. Maybe you missed it because you were talking at the same time.)

9/8/05 15:19  
Blogger Worldgineer said...

(doh! stop that.)

9/8/05 15:20  
Blogger Nicotine Jones said...

Thanks for the Runner's Up award. I like these contests you've been running. And the songs of course. I guess I'll have to win one of them!

9/8/05 15:34  
Blogger Tara said...

Hm..well I had a crazy impulse last Friday to take my manager's coffee cup and throw it across the room till it smashed into pieces...We were having a meeting from hell with coworkers from hell. And...go!

9/8/05 18:46  
Blogger k_sra said...

Marie, I got your photo. Right here.

10/8/05 13:35  
Blogger Steve DeGroof said...

So, like, where's the coffe cup smashing song?

14/8/05 11:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counters